PDA

View Full Version : Question ...

NylonMichelle
12-08-2007, 08:24 PM
... I am running my sites now since 1.5 years, but not have been involved in TGP. I always read about productivity. What does that mean? Mabye somebody can give me some idea :-)

Thanks,

Michelle

Suckerpunch
12-08-2007, 09:15 PM
When you run a TGP or any free site for that matter, you want productive trades. Essentially when another site sends you a visitor, they need to click on something for it to be productive. Most scripts track the productivity of the visitors that other sites refer to you and convert it into a percentage.

An example would be if I send a visitors to sites and they consistently click on at least two links that are tracked with some sort of script, then my overall productivity would be 200%.

Productivity increases and decreases depending on your site. If you "skim" a lot of traffic (send users to sites you're trading with rather than the gallery/thumb they were clicking), your productivity drops dramatically.

Hope this helps....

jscott
12-09-2007, 03:48 AM
i want to help, but i cant, Chris covered about everything already!

NylonMichelle
12-09-2007, 03:00 PM
thanks, that makes sense. I recently bought some traffic for my site and I think most was coming from TGP or something like that. I use Google Ananlytics and I could see that the time this visitors spend on my site was 5 seconds max. Other traffic usually stays an average of 2 minutes... so what is TGP traffic good for? Do the visitors actually join some where finally?

Toby
12-09-2007, 04:21 PM
...so what is TGP traffic good for? Do the visitors actually join some where finally?That depends greatly on just how targeted your TGP traffic is. 90%+ of my income is from my 4 TGP's. My aggregate conversion ratio from that traffic this year is just over 1:700. So to answer your question, yes some visitors do actually join sites.

NylonMichelle
12-09-2007, 08:11 PM
maybe my site is too much niche focused ... the join rates I usually have is 1:200, but the traffic is from boards, pic posts and banner exchange, so it is very targeted...

jscott
12-10-2007, 01:43 AM
well, Michelle, traffic from message boards is usually the worst traffic, so if converting at 1:200 from those then you'd probably be shocked at how well tgp and SE traffic will do for ya ;)

The Heron
12-10-2007, 12:15 PM
tgp traffic is looking for free galleries, sending it straight to a paysite tour is a waste. Instead try filtering it through your own pseudo tgp site. More work but better ratios

NylonMichelle
12-10-2007, 05:02 PM
well, I thougt 1:200 is not bad as an average...

Heron: So you think I should set up a TGP galerie and submit it to TGP's?

Sorry for all that newbie questions :-)