PDA

View Full Version : Changing hosts...

Toby
06-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Just a heads up for my trade partners and submitters, I'll be moving my sites to a new host over the next few days so there may be some intermittent glitches during the transition.

Toby
06-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Update: It's taking a bit longer than expected to get files transferred, but we're getting close to having things ready on the new box.

jscott
06-27-2008, 05:01 AM
good luck Toby, you're moving hosts from who, to who?

Toby
06-27-2008, 05:20 AM
I've had a dedicated server at S2F Online for almost 4 years, but over the last year I've had ever increasing issues with slow server response when links are clicked and the support became spotty at best.

I'd asked a few people about who they recommended for hosting and several names came up consistently. One of them was MojoHost and I had a chance while at Cybernet Expo earlier this month to talk with Brad Mitchell. I expressed my concerns over moving, and he had the right answers.

When all is said and done I'll have a newer and faster server, with more bandwidth, 24/7 support, and all for a third less than what I have been paying.

The delay in getting things moved is due to problems they're having transferring files from the existing host. I'm guessing that it's related to the server response issues that I've been experiencing. They should be done with the file transfer by morning, then I'll need to resolve any script glitches before I can change the DNS for all the domains.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the DNS change propagates quickly and my trade scripts don't spend too long splitting incoming hits between the old and new servers.

I'll probably buy some traffic early next week to give my four TGPs a bit of a boost to get things back up where they belong. I'm thinking 500-600 an hour total over 4 domains, for about 4 days. Any recommendations for some niche traffic in that volume?

Toby
06-29-2008, 03:30 AM
** UPDATE **

The transfer is complete and all sites are back up and fully operational. There were the typical script glitches, but all have now been resolved.

A special thanks to all my trade and submit partners for your patience. Now let's get back to makin' bling! :)

jscott
06-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I moved to Mojohost and for the 1 month I was with them I LOVED them......... then I got DDOS'd and Mojohost cannot handle DDOS at all, my sites were offline and Mojo kinda fucked me over, left me hanging totally

Before the move I even explained to them that I might possibly get DDOS attacks, they said they'd still give me a try

So in my rare situation I got fucked over, but they did what they had to do, DDOS is NOT a fun situation, it only ruins internet, ruins relationships, ruins businesses, and anyone involved in any attacks are ignorant assholes

Anyways, Mojohost is an awesome host, awesome service, and awesome pricing, and I even loved how you can pay them ANY way, epass, check, wire, etc etc (jupiterhosting blows, can ONLY pay them via fax)