PDA

View Full Version : I feel dumb but i have to ask

nyllover
10-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Please don't laugh...but... when you all talk about link exchange you always put numbers... two questions:

- When you talk about traffic, do you usually talk about daily uniques?
- What's "skim"?

Thanks to anyone that, after a good laugh, will answer me :o

jscott
10-21-2008, 10:15 AM
yes i always talking about daily uniques, ALL the time ;)

and skim, it's like, for example my tgp www.nipponidols.com it's 83/17 skim, when a surfer clicks the gallery thumbs, 83% goes to galleries, 17% will "skim" to a trade, send the surfer to a trade instead

skim sucks, it lowers prod to a site, and quality to a site imho, and for ALL my tgps my main goal is to provide awesome content/galleries and remove any skim (eventually)

hope that helps man :)

nyllover
10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
It surely does Boss, now i finally understood what that "skim" means! :)

AfterDarkkMedia
02-20-2009, 07:32 AM
yes i always talking about daily uniques, ALL the time ;)

and skim, it's like, for example my tgp www.nipponidols.com it's 83/17 skim, when a surfer clicks the gallery thumbs, 83% goes to galleries, 17% will "skim" to a trade, send the surfer to a trade instead

skim sucks, it lowers prod to a site, and quality to a site imho, and for ALL my tgps my main goal is to provide awesome content/galleries and remove any skim (eventually)

hope that helps man :)

I agree and I have never liked skim. Don't use it on any of my concepts, don't plan too.

Suckerpunch
02-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Skims can be useful to start a new site off and get traffic started. You never want to make the skim too high and piss the visitor off... I will sometimes start a site as 65/35 and then reduce it to 80/20.

jscott
02-21-2009, 03:27 AM
Skims can be useful to start a new site off and get traffic started. You never want to make the skim too high and piss the visitor off... I will sometimes start a site as 65/35 and then reduce it to 80/20.
80/20, very nice man, I still plan to remove skim totally, I've got my TT down to only 87/13 now, and it's still maintaining 40k/day traffic, I'm going to estimate the skim will be gone fully after about 1 more year