PDA

View Full Version : Worst ccbill day in history of my affiliate marketing

jscott
03-23-2009, 06:36 AM
Been doing affiliate marketing for adult sites since 1998-99, today is the worst profits for my affiliate ccbill account EVER!!!!

$3

I dont remember seeing this before in my life :eek: :(

jscott
03-23-2009, 07:33 AM
Ok I'm happy to be able to adjust this, I finished the day at $27 total, 0 sales, 3 rebils, and 1 refund for my total affiliate ccbill stats

0:many thousand clicks :(

somona
03-23-2009, 02:41 PM
I think it's quite the same for all of us ...:(

NylonMichelle
03-23-2009, 07:14 PM
well, I dont want to show off, but my affiliate program converts currently at 1:114.5 ... if it will continue like this, March will be the best month in the last half year...

riemens
03-23-2009, 07:53 PM
me too me too, cant say more :mad:

The Heron
03-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Good thing your own paysite converts 1:1 right jscott ;)

jscott
03-26-2009, 08:48 AM
heron wtf man? u think i convert that bad? haha, dude i convert at 1:0 nigga bitch!

cots
03-28-2009, 07:32 PM
It can be very erratic. My site www.glamourimages.net can have several fantastic days then an absolute disaster for no apparent reason! Had one last Tuesday in fact - 10% of sign up levels compared with a normal day. I find that on these bad days, clicks out are at ludicrously low levels, completely out of character with a normal day. It's almost like nothing is being recorded by CCBill.

I have taken this up with them but always get the same "nothing wrong here" stonewall answer. The simple fact is that they daren't admit to anything as the fear of litigation from the "big boys" means denial is the only option.

I guess we just all have to accept a glitch from time to time even though it pisses us off!

jscott
03-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Yea I hear ya cots, speaking of which, I just pounded in sales at the speed of 1:4k ratios today (March 28) Woohoo!!!! :(

cots
04-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Conversion has gone down considerably over the past couple of days. Yesterday was 1:1500 and on a normal day it's around 1:500.

It was great for five days before that. Anyone else seeing the same?

Oh and so far today is terrible.

riemens
04-05-2009, 07:03 AM
stats remote shows me this monts ccbill ratio 0:12k :confused:

jscott
04-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Holy shit that is horrible :(

I'm actually surprised at my 1:1101 ratio this month so far in ccbill, I'm very happy with this ratio compared to most other days recently

riemens
04-05-2009, 05:18 PM
ratios for this year

01.2009 - 1:1429
02.2009 - 1:2043
03.2009 - 1:3086
04.2009 - 0:12821

i dont know what is wrong :mad:

jscott
04-05-2009, 06:43 PM
holy fuck, worse, then worse, then WORSE!!!! I cant say anything just now, since I'm actually having a decent day FINALLY

riemens
04-05-2009, 08:07 PM
yep, realy holy fuck.

i`m now working on 5 new leg / nylon / heels & boots TGP`s
but its make no fun with this bad ratios.

i hope the next days are a little bit better :)

jscott
06-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Update, I broke another all time record low money day on May 31 :( I profited approx $25 that day :(

riemens
06-03-2009, 05:56 AM
last 3 weeks was very good but beginn of this month :(

01.06 - 11.99 usd
02.06 - 12.48 usd

jscott
06-03-2009, 06:18 AM
WOW June2 is even worse than my record breaking low few days ago, so fucking sad, this is unimaginable :(

cots
06-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi Scotty

We are doing pretty well under the circumstances. Conversion for CCBill sponsors at www.glamourimages.net in April was 1:478 (includes all sponsors without sales) and so far this month it's 1:475. Traffic is up about 5% as well, although that is still 23% down on last year.

Having said all that one day last month (I can't remember which but will look it up if anyone's interested) the conversion rate was 1:2732. No other day was like that!!!

Traffic from the USA is still miles below what it used to be but hopefully that will come back soon.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

cots
06-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Just thought I would raise this one again - how are sales this week?

We started the month really well but from Saturday it's all crashed. Anyone experiencing the same?

Oh and can you tell me what you mean by conversion ratios when you quote them? I state mine as conversion from actual clicks to the site not to a page/gallery if that helps?

jscott
06-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Just thought I would raise this one again - how are sales this week?
We started the month really well but from Saturday it's all crashed. Anyone experiencing the same?
Oh and can you tell me what you mean by conversion ratios when you quote them? I state mine as conversion from actual clicks to the site not to a page/gallery if that helps?
My sales have gotten a TINY bit better, aside from 1 day I was 0:15,000 :eek:

When I talk ratios, I just talk about the number of sales compared to the unique clicks to a sponsor, let me know if you would like to clarify that in more detail :)

cots
06-11-2009, 11:09 AM
My sales have gotten a TINY bit better, aside from 1 day I was 0:15,000 :eek:

When I talk ratios, I just talk about the number of sales compared to the unique clicks to a sponsor, let me know if you would like to clarify that in more detail :)

Thanks for that JS but now I have another question:confused:

In my CCBill Admin stats I have a column for Raw clicks and one for Uniques but Uniques is always 0. Have I set something up incorrectly? Therefore I confirm that the conversion rates I quote are based on Raw clicks on the basis that I haven't a clue about Uniques:D

Any help/guidance will be much appreciated!

jscott
06-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Hmmm cots, sorry I dont know the answer to that, you'll have to ask other ccbill paysite owners about that situation :confused:

somona
06-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Well, as i know, In online advertising, the term raw hits is used to refer to the total number of visits to any Web site, or clicks on a specific ad, including repeat visitors and clicks....When tracking the amount of traffic on a Web site, it refers to a person who visits a Web site more than once within a specified period of time. Software that tracks and counts Web site traffic can distinguish between visitors who only visit the site once and unique visitors who return to the site. Different from a site's hits or page views ,which are measured by the number of files that are requested from a site, unique visitors are measured according to their unique IP addresses, which are like online fingerprints, and unique visitors are counted only once no matter how many times they visit the site. There are some ISPs that use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, such as AOL and cable modem providers, which use different IPs for every file requested, making one visitor look like many. In this case, a single IP address does not indicate a unique visitor. ....

That can help ? ....I asked my husband for this :D:D:D

cots
06-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Well, as i know, In online advertising, the term raw hits is used to refer to the total number of visits to any Web site, or clicks on a specific ad, including repeat visitors and clicks....When tracking the amount of traffic on a Web site, it refers to a person who visits a Web site more than once within a specified period of time. Software that tracks and counts Web site traffic can distinguish between visitors who only visit the site once and unique visitors who return to the site. Different from a site's hits or page views ,which are measured by the number of files that are requested from a site, unique visitors are measured according to their unique IP addresses, which are like online fingerprints, and unique visitors are counted only once no matter how many times they visit the site. There are some ISPs that use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, such as AOL and cable modem providers, which use different IPs for every file requested, making one visitor look like many. In this case, a single IP address does not indicate a unique visitor. ....

That can help ? ....I asked my husband for this :D:D:D

Hi Somona

Thanks for that but it's something I already knew. My query was why, in my CCBill Affiliate Admin stats, I only get Raw figures and the Unique clicks column is pretty much always 0. I got the impression from JS that he calculates conversion by uniques, which I fully understand, so I was wondering how he gets Unique counts in his CCBill Aff Admin and I don't.

Can anyone else shine some light on this?

The Heron
06-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Its an option for program owners to chose what type of stats you track.
affiliates>setup>system setup>bottom of page, click tracking options.

jscott
06-15-2009, 10:35 AM
yesterday Sunday June 14th I broke my new record low for total sales/rebills in 1 day, it was my 1st day in history that I actually LOST MONEY!!!!!!! My expenses exceeded my profits :( Sad day in my business history

js69
06-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Its the fucking recession....every time gas goes up 10 cents a gallon in the US, 40 million dollars is removed from the economy. Those are hard numbers to fight. If anyone tells you their business is rockin and rollin today, they are either exceptionally lucky (prolly not) or lying. As this thing goes on, lots of folks are dumping their product and hurting the value of original content. Fortunately, we have been around an awfully long time and have the depth to still earn a good living. But it ain't like it used to be and probably never will be.
The other thing I have noticed in our leg world, is the increasing number of dead sites. Big sites in their day, but living off old product updates and some bought in stuff that doesn't quite cut it in the real world of fetish. I wish they would just do the right thing and bury them and move on. But wishin and hopin ain't going to help that little problem. They still take some cash out of the pot and we all feel it.

somona
06-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Its the fucking recession....every time gas goes up 10 cents a gallon in the US, 40 million dollars is removed from the economy. Those are hard numbers to fight. If anyone tells you their business is rockin and rollin today, they are either exceptionally lucky (prolly not) or lying. As this thing goes on, lots of folks are dumping their product and hurting the value of original content. Fortunately, we have been around an awfully long time and have the depth to still earn a good living. But it ain't like it used to be and probably never will be.
The other thing I have noticed in our leg world, is the increasing number of dead sites. Big sites in their day, but living off old product updates and some bought in stuff that doesn't quite cut it in the real world of fetish. I wish they would just do the right thing and bury them and move on. But wishin and hopin ain't going to help that little problem. They still take some cash out of the pot and we all feel it.

I totally agree with this ...
Many websites deliver now old contents bought a long time ago, and customers know this ...while some models , with slow money are trying to do their best to update every week, some are simply take old pics ....
We know all we are in a difficult times, but we must to keep quality in our websites, even if the money can be a problem ...