Leg Webmasters

Leg Webmasters (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/index.php)
-   Leg Webmasters Talk (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Candy Leglust is closing (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2033)

cots 03-26-2013 01:40 PM

Candy Leglust is closing

Today I have mailed all our affiliates with the news that Candy Leglust site is closing. Just in case you don't get the mail here is the content -

Hi To All Our Affiliates

I am sad to say that we have to close www.candyleglust.com. Due to an unforeseen change in personal circumstances, Candy can no longer be active on the web, or produce new update content. She has therefore requested that the site be closed as soon as possible.

As from the 1st April 2013 we will no longer be accepting new members at the site. Could you please remove all promotional galleries, banners and links for Candy Leglust from your sites as quickly as possible. After the 1st April there will be no further sign up or rebill sales at the site. From approx 28th April, all traffic for CLL will be redirected to www.amazingastrid.com and, of course, your Affiliate IDs will be carried through and any sales made at Amazing Astrid credited to you.

I know that this is annoying for you all, and a lot of work is involved, but we have no alternative. I humbly and sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience, and thank you for promoting Candy Leglust over the past few years.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions etc.

Rest assured we are as pissed off about this as I am sure you are but it's totally beyond our control!

Smooch 03-26-2013 01:43 PM

Sorry to learn the site is closing.

cots 03-26-2013 01:46 PM

Thanks Smooch.

Candy has got new full time job and just cannot afford to be "found" on the web. She understands that some of her pics will be around forever on various sites but needs her own site closing to avoid detection.

Sad but true.

Smooch 03-26-2013 01:50 PM

It was good while it lasted and she had a good run.

Wishing her well in her new job.

js69 03-26-2013 01:52 PM

Damn, that really sucks. So sorry to hear that, Geoff. Good luck through all of this.

jscott 03-26-2013 02:52 PM

Sorry to hear about the site closing. I wish you all well, Candy, Geoff, all :)

thor 03-26-2013 03:11 PM

Sorry to hear, and good luck to Candy

cots 03-26-2013 06:09 PM

Thanks for your best wishes guys.

It's a sign of the times I guess. Time for us to have a good think about what we are going to do next!

js69 03-26-2013 08:08 PM

I think the days of revshare are numbered if not over. My belief is you have to own your own content to protect your interests and future. Girls expectations are usually inflated when they get into this business and as well they need to do a whole hell of a lot of their own promotion which most are not willing or able to do.

cots 03-27-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js69 (Post 9656)
I think the days of revshare are numbered if not over. My belief is you have to own your own content to protect your interests and future. Girls expectations are usually inflated when they get into this business and as well they need to do a whole hell of a lot of their own promotion which most are not willing or able to do.

All perfectly true JS. However the benefits of revshare are no costs and high revenue per hour spent actually working. That sounds good on paper but admit these kind of sites can be frustrating especially, as you rightly say, the models have a tendency to put in little or no effort.

Toby 03-27-2013 01:40 PM

Really what it all boils down to is the fact that it's no longer possible for a solo model (non-hardcore) to make a living from just their web site.

js69 03-27-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 9663)
Really what it all boils down to is the fact that it's no longer possible for a solo model (non-hardcore) to make a living from just their web site.

It is possible, I think. But it takes a unique girl with an interesting gag and great marketing skills. I have seen a few in my time. Not many though.

cots 03-28-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 9663)

Quote:

Originally Posted by js69 (Post 9664)
It is possible, I think. But it takes a unique girl with an interesting gag and great marketing skills. I have seen a few in my time. Not many though.

Both points are spot on. I think it is possible, especially for a model who has built up a following through her work on other sites, but as JS says, it takes a lot of interactive input via social media and probably webcam. That's where most models fall down. They think just producing and publishing content is enough and that's where their input ends!

nyllover 03-28-2013 12:59 PM

Sad to hear about all this, and i do agree...most models just think that producing content is all they need to make up a living.

In most of the cases, owning our content is the only way to avoid this kind of situations...even if costs are higher indeed