Leg Webmasters

Leg Webmasters (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/index.php)
-   Leg Webmasters Talk (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roller Coaster - Discuss (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2087)

cots 07-12-2013 06:42 PM

Roller Coaster - Discuss

Sunday - crap
Monday - marginally better
Tuesday - crap
Wednesday - crap
Thursday - Awesome - sign ups coming out of our ears (honest)
Friday - double crap so far.

Discuss.

jscott 07-12-2013 11:38 PM

everyday - crap

:(

Smooch 07-14-2013 10:05 AM

This...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscott (Post 9941)
everyday - crap

:(

CCBill is crap, but NATS sponsors performing OK i.e. I'm getting more NATS sign ups than CCBill now, even though I mainly promote CCBill sponsors.

cots 07-14-2013 02:09 PM

I hear you Smooch and not dissimilar here. So what is it with CCBill? What's happened? Any ideas?

It's only really the consolidation system that keeps me pushing as many CCBill sponsors as I do now. So few of them work any more it's quite depressing.

I have a good buddy as a sponsor, and in past he has been good enough to do a "forensic audit for me". On one occasion he found several sign ups, via my affiliate code, for which I had never been credited. Maybe I will see if he will do it again for me! The last time there were enough missing sales to make it very worrying!

js69 07-15-2013 06:57 PM

Let us know. That is disturbing. But CC bill still seems to be the big dog.

SGS 07-15-2013 07:00 PM

Do you guys cascade with Epoch through CCBill?

Our Epoch conversions are killing CCBill at the moment.

js69 07-15-2013 07:29 PM

would love to, but it's not possible at the moment. They have geo restrictions.

nyllover 07-15-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGS (Post 9947)

We do, and we actually reversed the cascade (inside CCBill). Our links are still CCbill, but the first processor to be displayed is Epoch. This way we keep affiliate's commisions.

So far, things seem to be going way better.

SGS 07-15-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyllover (Post 9949)
We do, and we actually reversed the cascade (inside CCBill). Our links are still CCbill, but the first processor to be displayed is Epoch. This way we keep affiliate's commisions.

So far, things seem to be going way better.

If you are going with the affiliate route that way makes far more sales.

cots 07-16-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGS (Post 9947)

It's not our pay sites that are the key issue, even though I agree with your strategy. It's my affiliate sites that are killing us! Sales to CCBill sponsors, with one or two notable exceptions, have totally collapsed.

Really strange because on the pay sites yesterday was our best day of the year by a country mile - and there were plenty of "partner sales".

Here is an update on conversions via Glam Images & Ult Fetishes for CCBill Sponsors -

Jan thru May 1:498
June - 1:796
July up to 13th 1:993
Last two days - 1:2335 (and that includes updates for 4 of our top10 sponsors who didn't have a sale between them!)

Bizarre.

SGS 07-16-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cots (Post 9952)
It's not our pay sites that are the key issue, even though I agree with your strategy. It's my affiliate sites that are killing us! Sales to CCBill sponsors, with one or two notable exceptions, have totally collapsed.

Really strange because on the pay sites yesterday was our best day of the year by a country mile - and there were plenty of "partner sales".

Here is an update on conversions via Glam Images & Ult Fetishes for CCBill Sponsors -

Jan thru May 1:498
June - 1:796
July up to 13th 1:993
Last two days - 1:2335 (and that includes updates for 4 of our top10 sponsors who didn't have a sale between them!)

Bizarre.

Strange times for sure

js69 07-16-2013 04:22 PM

The whole aff system is in flux at the moment. A lot of uncertainty. A lot of new marketing strategies coming and going. A good affiliate is a pleasure to work with and a bad aff is a drain on resources.
IMHO, the dust will settle and the last men standing will cream off the business and do well and those numbers will become more consistent.
Content is king, and there is still a bright future for paysites. The next generation of internet customers are getting used to paying. They didn't grow up with this free internet bullshit. Just look at the way mainstream is going.
Too many, for too long, have been giving too much away. Apart from the obvious thieves, even tube sites have moved to aff programmes and their content is becoming old and tired.
Keep calm and carry on.

SGS 07-16-2013 05:12 PM

For us selling in-house works far better than the affiliate model. Long term I can see the affiliate side taking a lot less of our time.

Affiliate sales are way too expensive and way too much work.

js69 07-16-2013 06:10 PM

That is the way it has always been.....right from the get go. If you can't sell yourself, you have a problem right out of the gate. I didn't even have an aff programme until a few years ago, because back in the day we had huge traffic from real free sites, hobbyists, and enthusiasts.
I find it disturbing to see so many now spinning their wheels when they should just get out of the way....sigh.

cots 07-17-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGS (Post 9955)
For us selling in-house works far better than the affiliate model. Long term I can see the affiliate side taking a lot less of our time.

Affiliate sales are way too expensive and way too much work.

There is an easy way that works for many of my sponsors. Simply give me a member area pass, some rules/regs and I will do the rest. You don't have to do anything! Easy and worth the "expense". It's just a matter of mutual trust.