Leg Webmasters

Leg Webmasters (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/index.php)
-   Leg Webmasters Talk (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Socks or Stockings? (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428)

Secretease.com 08-20-2010 05:28 PM

Socks or Stockings?

When does a sock become a stocking? Is it how far up they come or the material they're made of? Would be interested in opinions. An example is:

http://secretease.com/miss_ebonyx.htm

Cheers,
~Mitch~

NinjaSteve 08-20-2010 06:13 PM

I think if it's sheer or nylon and lycra, even if opaque, it's a stocking. But if it's a real heavy cotton, like your pic and goes to 3/4 of the leg or less then it's a sock, also known as otherwise called "over the knee sock"

Example at Bloomingdales

riemens 08-20-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaSteve (Post 6060)
I think if it's sheer or nylon and lycra, even if opaque, it's a stocking. But if it's a real heavy cotton, like your pic and goes to 3/4 of the leg or less then it's a sock, also known as otherwise called "over the knee sock"

Example at Bloomingdales

+1

i think the same

Dyker 08-20-2010 08:38 PM

Good question -
Normal socks are termed "ankle socks"
Below the knee are called "3/4 length socks"
So, I assume, above the knee must be called "full length socks"

(I may be wrong on any/all of the above - I am fucking old and relying on my decrepid memory)

I must say, thick nylon/lycra just above the knee, I have always known as leggins.

6ynylons 08-20-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaSteve (Post 6060)

Example at Bloomingdales

I think the same as NijaSteve.
He has declared the question very well.

Cheers !

B.t.w. : Only stockings look good to me, neither socks nor pantyhoses ;)

Secretease.com 08-21-2010 08:29 AM

Maybe it depends on the theme? Ebonyx is in a college uniform type outfit, therefore socks. But Danielle is in a secretary outfit - so are they stockings?.

nichednet 08-22-2010 06:01 PM

What a debacle ;-) I love this site

6ynylons 09-01-2010 09:24 PM

Hello secretease,

where are You located ?

I am looking for a partner.
I am in germany.

Cheers ! :)

cots 09-03-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secretease.com (Post 6064)
Maybe it depends on the theme? Ebonyx is in a college uniform type outfit, therefore socks. But Danielle is in a secretary outfit - so are they stockings?.

Nope, wrong. Socks are socks and stockings are stockings whatever the scenario and in my view a sexy secretary wouldn't be seen DEAD in a pair of socks!!

Secretease.com 09-03-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cots (Post 6113)
Nope, wrong. Socks are socks and stockings are stockings whatever the scenario and in my view a sexy secretary wouldn't be seen DEAD in a pair of socks!!

Have taken the Danielle pic down Geoff so the comparison isn't possible now sir.

LandL 09-03-2010 03:09 PM

I think it also depends on the customer. A man who prefers sheer Full Fashioned (seamed) stockings held up by garters/suspenders, wouldn't look twice at a woman wearing wearing over-the-knee SOCKS. And her certainly wouldn't consider them stockings! lol

vixennylons 09-05-2010 09:16 PM

hallo All

This is my first statement on the board..I personally prefer ff nylons:)

admin please do not get this as spam:) I look around here on the board whats up

Vixen

6ynylons 09-05-2010 09:49 PM

Hello Vixennylons,

You have a good site ! :)

Where are You located ?

I am in germany.

Cheers ! ;)

vixennylons 09-05-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6ynylons (Post 6139)
Hello Vixennylons,

You have a good site ! :)

Where are You located ?

I am in germany.

Cheers ! ;)

thx for your kind words:) I am not long away from germany and my husband talk german:)

jscott 09-06-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suckerpunch (Post 6144)
Welcome to the board!

vixennylon, yes welcome :)