Leg Webmasters

Leg Webmasters (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/index.php)
-   Leg Webmasters Talk (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Legwebmasters & Godaddy problems (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156)

jscott 04-21-2014 12:17 PM

Legwebmasters & Godaddy problems

Hey everyone, just letting you know that LegWebmasters.com domain is expiring tomorrow, like all my domains I've been trying to transfer them away from Godaddy and they are really giving me problems.

I now have no option of even renewing my own domain name.

That said, I want to let you know that the domain/forum may be offline for a day or two until I get this stupid pointless problem fixed with Godaddy.

I see now they are a terrible registrar and ALL my domains will be away from them asap!

:mad:

Sorry for the possible inconvenience.

Thread I made at BHA http://www.blackhatadult.com/showthr...ontact-Godaddy

nyllover 04-21-2014 05:55 PM

Unbelievable... damn... lately i'm just hearing BAD stories about GoDaddy.... and moreover...their discount codes are nowhere to be found anymore... gonna pull my domains from there asap...

jscott 04-22-2014 02:49 AM

Ya Godaddy really disappointing.
It was my first "go to" registrar, before having about 150 domains there.

Now I have about 20 there, have been moving all my domains to Namecheap and Internetbs.net nowdays always when my domains are up for renewal, I will not wait for renewal anymore and move ALL my leftover 20 Godaddy domains to Namecheap/Internetbs ASAP.

js69 04-23-2014 02:06 PM

People are bitching about go daddy everywhere at the moment. If the shit hits the fan...keep us in touch. You can contact me at
supportforjulia@ffstockings.com
I like this place and don't want to lose it over a stupid domain issue.

SGS 04-26-2014 07:08 AM

They are spending all of their money on Danica Patrick I expect...

js69 04-30-2014 07:25 PM

so I take it you have survived the godaddy issue, J?

jscott 05-01-2014 09:22 AM

Yes we survived the issue, i was forced to renew with Godaddy. That was the only way I was able to keep it :(
They force me to not move away from them wtf is this shit, fcking scam central there at Godaddy

js69 05-01-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscott (Post 10429)
Yes we survived the issue, i was forced to renew with Godaddy. That was the only way I was able to keep it :(
They force me to not move away from them wtf is this shit, fcking scam central there at Godaddy

How can they force you? If you arre you the owner and admin, can't you move anywhere you like? This is news to me.

nyllover 05-01-2014 02:32 PM

As far as i know, you can't move a domain to another registrar when it's expiring date is close (2 months, i think)...was it the reason of the issue?

jscott 05-02-2014 01:38 PM

Yes there were some changes I tried to make, and it said those changes were "pending" for many weeks. When I tried to submit ticket or chat with support they were all unavailable.

Phone support is available, but the number they provide is only a USA number.

Namecheap/Internetbs good ones like those have actual online support, Godaddy, for being how big they are, doesn't have shit! VERY disappointing.

js69 05-02-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscott (Post 10435)
Yes there were some changes I tried to make, and it said those changes were "pending" for many weeks. When I tried to submit ticket or chat with support they were all unavailable.

Phone support is available, but the number they provide is only a USA number.

Namecheap/Internetbs good ones like those have actual online support, Godaddy, for being how big they are, doesn't have shit! VERY disappointing.

Oh well, I suppose there are worse issues facing us nowadays. Don't sweat the small stuff.

ruff 04-10-2015 12:44 AM

Although I have nothing bad to say about Namecheap, I started moving my domains to Internet BS a couple years ago mainly because they offer free private whois, I have also recently started using Namesilo for the same reason. I believe if you are transferring a domain you need to do it before two weeks of expiration. Usually the remaining time is tacked on to the new transfer, so if you have 2 months left at one registrar and transfer to another you will pay for one year and the remaining two months will be added on for a total of 14 months.

jscott 04-10-2015 07:03 AM

Hey Ruff, yes, my 2 favorite registrars are InternetBS & Namesilo, by far the cheapest and best for free lifetime whois privacy :)

Although, I just bought a blog network of over 25 blogs and paysites and pushing from his namecheap acct to my namecheap acct was ABSOLUTELY the easiest ever and free of charge. So mad props to Namecheap for that!!!!

Other than those 3 mentioned, Godaddy and all the rest, ughhhh ewwww nooooooo!