View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 05:11 PM

Geoff,

I'm glad you brought this up again, it's something I too have been thinking about lately. I think Denys was only referring to the free promotional content that is out there and not to stolen content, but I wanted to address both.

Promotional content:

--I remember when I started doing galleries for TGP sites years ago and the minimum number of pics for a gallery was 10, sometimes 12. Some sites wouldn't post your galleries if you didn't have at least 12 pics, some at least 16. So if you wanted to get your galleries on a certain TGP site, you had to play by their rules. So you give away more. But is that always a good idea? A surfer glances at the gallery and he's seen enough, he isn't enticed enough to want to check out the site, because he's already seen it all pretty much.

--It also seems that over the years galleries have become more explicit? (perhaps this is just my opinion). But if you give it all to the surfer, what is to entice them to want to see more?

--Some TGP sites I have seen will offer so many galleries of models all in one place that I wonder how that is beneficial to the affiliate or the paysite? For example, some TGP sites have models listed by name, you click on a model name and are brought to a page with 20+ galleries (FHG's) of that model. WHY are we giving all of that to the surfer? What happens is those pages get posted to various forums for pic traders as they get to see alot of pictures in one place of that model, but is that really effective for making sales??

--How much promotional content is enough? Once a week, every other week, once a month? A new gallery only stays on a TGP for a few days to a week usually....why don't we rotate older galleries more often?

Stolen content:

And by stolen content I am referring to entire photo sets, videos and site rips that are posted to various sites without your permission.

--It would be nice to see some way that adult webmasters could come together and work together in getting our content off of these sites. Like having a password protected site/forum where all webmasters would have to be confirmed as running a paysite before they are given access to the site. In that forum, site owners could trade information in regards to these sites, how they got their content removed, who they had to contact, other new sites that trade content or even members who they have caught posting their content.

Changes to Members area:

--I know it's kind of become the thing to say that you have thousands of pictures and videos on your site. We like to show the surfer that they get alot when they join our sites. (Which also begs the question: How much is ENOUGH?) But this is something that I have been seriously rethinking as of late. Currently on my paysite, I have everything available to my members....all of my photos and videos since I first opened the site. I'm curious, how many of you do it this way on your paysite as well?

But then I come across a site that does "full site rips" and I realize....anyone can join, download my entire catalog of content and pass it around. Which has got me to thinking.....why am I giving them everything in one go?

I use to "poo-poo" the idea of rehashing old content (rotating older content). And I still do, but as long as a site is updated with NEW content every week along with the rotated archives, maybe that wouldn't be a big deal then. The surfer is STILL getting new updates.

I don't know.....I am thinking that there needs to be a change though. It's been on my mind for a while.

Good topic!