View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:16 PM

When it comes to independent sites (run by the model and/or spouse/boyfriend, usually CCBill) you pretty much take what you can get in regards to promotion of their affiliate program. Many have zero sales background, minimal web skills, learning as they go, and are often getting bad advice from someone that they think knows what they're doing.

Then add in the time factor, offline responsibilities (job, children, etc.), and many aren't able to do much beyond keeping their sites updated. I've also found that many of them also have pretty poor time management skills, not sure why but it seems to go hand in hand with the type of personality that would do an adult site.

In the past simply putting up a link to your affiliate sign-up, with a few banners and maybe a few zip files of images, was enough to get a fair amount of affiliate traffic. These days it takes much more work and many don't have the sales to justify the time, nor the up front funds to hire someone to do the work for them to bring the sales up. They also probably lack the skills to do much, beyond maybe a blog and twitter, to bring non-affiliate traffic to their site(s).

I've done well over the years with sites like this IF they are at least updating the site regularly, the site tour converts AND they're willing to give me access to download promo content to build my own galleries.