View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
You know I run Glam Images/Ult Fetishes and, as much as possible, I am a stats freak. In my daily/weekly trawl to see what's new, I am always intrigued that some TGP/Directories constantly feature sponsors that don't sell for me.

In fact, some featured sponsors have never generated just one sale at my sites. Others have been in major decline over the past few years to the point that I hardly feature them any more. Quite a few of the site owners (sponsors and affiliates) are here - so I won't name names.

Questions. Assuming my content matches incoming surfers expectations -

Do sales (based on conversion not volume) widely differ from TGP to TGP?
Do some TGP owners just go for signup volume and no other criteria?
Do some webmasters, despite protesting how bad business is, just not care enough to look closely at the reasons why?

Am I missing something obvious?

The main reason I ask is that over the past three years or so GI/UF revenues are down 40% (but still very, very reasonable). Traffic is up 20% in the same period. Most of the decline in sales comes from -

Closed sites - nothing I can do about that
Not enough new sites - Good new sites still have fantastic sales
Good active sites that have a lousy affiliate content update rate

But the real killer are sponsors whose conversion has just really slipped. If I look at my Top 10 from 2009, and compare them with 2012, there have only been 2/3 sites that have kept up. Others have just dropped and dropped and dropped. Good clicks still but lousy conversion.

Lets hear from both sides here (after all I am a sponsor too!).

Confused from Tenerife
I finally took the time to read this Geoff.

But, I do think a LOT of tgp owners that are still basing their main income off their tgps are just lazy or just cheap. I know of some personally (including myself to some extent) who just riding out their tgp profits and as sales/ratios/profits decline they just add more advertising, juicyads, IM adverts, popups, and now the tgps are getting SO low in profits they are now finally in a frenzy like "what do I do now?" and there has been no secret that tgps are going to die, or dead already.

So we've all had pre-warning on this already.

1 example is, my biggest tgp was an asian tgp that was getting 45k/day (VERY VERY low skim, 93/7) and is now getting 12-16k/day traffic. I watched it month by month as it lost more and more SEO and all trades are dying too as my site lost SEO and all my traded sites losing it too.

I did nothing, now I am "in a frenzy" to change into something else too, luckily I have many many other sites that help keep my income at decent levels though.

Guys, to stay in the game, it's fact now, cut the lazy bullshit and really must change with the ways of the net. Using tgps to build income is like going into a fight with a bag of rocks when your opponent has nuclear missiles!