Thread: Sales THis Week
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
I am intrigued. If the affiliate model is dead as you say then

a) why was it so good up until two weeks ago (my best week for nearly six months)?
b) how do you find the traffic that affiliates used to bring in?

So far in June, with two days to go I have sent more clicks out to sponsors (via CCBill) than any month this year. It's conversion that has gone to pot. 1:475 in May and only 1:796 in June. The average across the whole of 2013 was 1:492.

Before you pronounce it dead, and seem to take a lot of pleasure from it, it might be good if you could explain how a site can go from an annualised conversion of 1:175 to 1:976 in just one month?

Geoff....I was being ironic. Since an earlier poster who shall remain nameless has sales that are always rocking, has many times declared the affiliate model dead and you are an idiot if you continue, but still trolls for affiliates all the time on gfy and here. And it has finally dawned on him that giving away entire site rips is not good for business after declaring that it was a great way to monetize. So sites spinning wheels are always a sign of financial "difficulty", I will let you guess who and why.
The first part of that post was a "typical" gfy nonsense to attract newbies. And since no one here is a newbie, ya gotta wonder. Anyone who tells you that business is rocking is either really lucky (lottery winner) or lying. However, having said that, business is pretty good and pretty steady, just not like 2002. Say no more.

Last edited by js69 : 06-29-2013 at 04:26 PM.