View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somona View Post
Toby....If you had any advices about the creation of Some FHG pages, like generating code page etc...I hear !!!!
Somona, to be honest, I think you are about 6 to 12 months too early to be launching a cash program. You're still in the process of getting your tour sorted and fine tuned. Once you have a the tour fine tuned and it's converting well with your own traffic, THEN it's time to ask others to join your cash program.

One of the first things you need to fine tune on your tour is the English text. The wording and grammar aren't quite right, and those are the kinds of details that can make a huge difference in conversions.

The following quotes are taken from a similar discussion on another board a couple of months ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby
...As an independent amateur site you should be generating well over half of your new joins from non-affiliate traffic.

I've seen far too many such sites launch affiliate programs within a short time after site launch, as a means for generating a traffic base, and then never bother to really learn how to generate their own traffic. Most of them don't last much more than 12-18 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceMiller
I agree Toby... We all need to learn what works and what doesn't for our selves, if we can't sell our own site, how do we expect affiliates to do so!