View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 05:20 AM

I've had a dedicated server at S2F Online for almost 4 years, but over the last year I've had ever increasing issues with slow server response when links are clicked and the support became spotty at best.

I'd asked a few people about who they recommended for hosting and several names came up consistently. One of them was MojoHost and I had a chance while at Cybernet Expo earlier this month to talk with Brad Mitchell. I expressed my concerns over moving, and he had the right answers.

When all is said and done I'll have a newer and faster server, with more bandwidth, 24/7 support, and all for a third less than what I have been paying.

The delay in getting things moved is due to problems they're having transferring files from the existing host. I'm guessing that it's related to the server response issues that I've been experiencing. They should be done with the file transfer by morning, then I'll need to resolve any script glitches before I can change the DNS for all the domains.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the DNS change propagates quickly and my trade scripts don't spend too long splitting incoming hits between the old and new servers.

I'll probably buy some traffic early next week to give my four TGPs a bit of a boost to get things back up where they belong. I'm thinking 500-600 an hour total over 4 domains, for about 4 days. Any recommendations for some niche traffic in that volume?

Last edited by Toby : 06-29-2008 at 03:30 AM.