View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
I've joined affiliate programs and didn't promote them for years. Sometimes we forget or something comes up.

I've also joined affiliate programs and didn't begin sending traffic yet, and was informed my acct deleted, and then just killed any desire or want to help or promote that program ever again.

This is the internet, and those affiliate join pages are setup for us to join automatically at any time we want. I think we should be able to promote any time we want too. No pressure is better imho
I couldn't agree with this more..

As I see programs I am interested in, I make a note and set the aside for later.. Then when I need content for a project I will go through and sign up for all of them in one day.. The most frustrating thing then happens almost every time with a good portion of them: They require approval.

Ugggh.. ticks me off every time! Because I had signed up for them with a project in mind that I wanted to work on at that time. What usually happens is they approve the account days later and I have already completed the project I wanted them for.

As far as the accounts that missed out because they required approval, I put them on the back burner until I need more content for a project.. this could be months or even a year or longer depending on what content they have and what i need..

If I went back and saw that they had deleted my account, I'd then automatically chalk them up as a scam. I would not want to risk spending days adding content to hundreds of sites only to find out that I had to go back through and remove them all.

On a similar but different note, there was one program I was actively promoting, but had not logged into their admin area in over 6 months (because I had exported all of their content and had what i needed locally, and I had email notification on for sales). I went to log in one day and found my account was disabled because I hadn't logged in for an extended period of time (even though I was sending traffic and generating sales).. I thought that was super shady.. ended up i was not the only one and they blamed it on a rogue employee.. Needless to say, even though they fixed it and apologized I cut way back on pushing them, and eventually dumped them. I think they are out of business now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandL View Post
... or I don't see my galleries on their site, is there really any point of keeping them as an affiliate?
When I sign up for a program, I list a single site of ours... odds are a lot of programs would not see their content on that site as we promote several hundred programs. We own over 1,000 sites, they could be getting promoted on any one of those, or on hundreds of them.

If you have some really old inactive accounts, you're probably just better off shooting them emails or trying to get them on something like ICQ to see if they need anything to help them promote you.

Last edited by Naughty-Pages : 07-01-2013 at 08:39 PM.