View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 AM

As a programme owner and affiliate I see it both ways. In the main I agree with what the affiliates here have to say. I think they have got it 100% right. I "test" sponsors and then take a view. Having said that I will often keep "testing" over a longer period of time.

LandL I don't even know what your sites are. Maybe you should list them/link them here? I may have tested them and I may not - but can't say as I have no idea what the are.

One thing is for sure - if you want to get the highest level of promos then make life easier for your affiliates. Life on the web is a struggle at the moment and spending hours searching for content/galleries will put a lot of affiliates off. Plus we can't remember all the sponsors that we have signed up for, (I have about 600!!) so when looking for new stuff a sponsor that doesn't promote his stuff well/frequently may well get forgotten!

Do you send out affiliate newsletters or emails? Do affiliates know when you have new stuff? We mail out our new galleries pretty much weekly (as do a number of sponsors on here). Are you doing that?

Before you sack the affiliate ask yourself are you doing enough to help him?