View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Default Who do you host with and what are your experiences with them?

In all your years/days as a webmaster, who have you hosted with and what are your experiences with them?

here's mine

ServerMatrix / ThePlanet - I been with them since '02, my 1st ever hosting company....they are solid, normally cheap but in my case I am disappointed that they wont lower my prices to keep up with the times, cybermike has better specs with them than I do yet he pays a lot less and when I requested for price reduction they denied me, disappointment imho
But other than that they are a pretty good unmanaged server setup

WireSix - cheap, i think it's a reseller, everything tech wise was average, but the support and service here sometimes had 5 days during DDoS attacks, i think Ryan took on too much and needs another support guy imho, i think Wiresix is good for a smaller network of sites

JupiterHosting / Navisite - they sold me on the fact that "we host gfy, we are very experienced in DDoS attacks", was very disappointed with the DDoS situation I had with them, their support is really good, usually very quick replies from their support ticket area, I've had some sites not fully loading for a couple months now, but cant seem to figure the problem, but that problem combined with this next problem really felt like a low blow -> another disappointment i recently had with them was a 20Mbps costing $702.50 of only overage charges from a gallery listing i I had in yahoo when that Zoey Zane girl was found murdered, it sent me TONS of traffic, but there was nothing said or done about it, just billed me as normal, I would've hoped there is away they would want to agree on a solution, we are still discussing now though after i initiated a talk about it

I'm currently searching for another host