View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
I have trusted affiliates and it works really well. But they have to be communicative and, of course, sell product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGS View Post
Not anywhere near often enough over the years. Most affiliates just take the quickest least amount of work option/tools then wonder why they struggle to make sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGS View Post
Staggered most of the time that affiliates don't even ask for a pass to come in and take a look around the site they are going to try to sell. Unfortunately in the past all that affiliates had to do was throw up a load of (program prepared) links so when all of a sudden this throw shit at the wall method no longer works 100,000 affiliates suddenly become 1000.

Having traffic used to be a valuable resource. Being able to sell is now a lot more important.
I agree with the concept of these comments but they are a bit too non-specific. What is expected from an affiliate? In my humble opinion our task is to get good volume, quality traffic to our sponsors sites. From that point, job done, it's down to the sites themselves to convert. Is that wrong?

As an affiliate of your sites I can honestly say I do my best. Yes I confess I haven't approached many sponsors with specific proposals, but equally nor have you two gentlemen approached me. If I am doing things wrong, or can do things better then tell me and I will listen. We are in tough times and we are, I hope, in it together to get the best possible results. I have tested many ideas, even set up multiple Aff IDs to get the most accurate results, so I am seriously open to ideas.

In 2008, my best year as an affiliate, my revenue was $81,000, all profit. In 2012 it was $42,000 and this year, so far, it's down even further. There seems, on the surface, to be several reasons for this including -

* Less good sponsors - especially solo models
* Fewer clicks out to sponsors (until very recently conversions had held up)
* More difficult to get appropriate content/galleries
* Some spectacular downturns in sponsor performance (e.g one site used to do $2000 per month and now struggles to do $50

So please help me, and other reputable affiliates, to help you and get maximum benefit from a system that can still produce, even though it could do better.