View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
Once again I agree with the principal but it doesn't answer my question. What are we supposed to do to "sell" the sponsors site? You are not being specific.
Well for instance, how many places still sell www.Lady-Sonia.com as a Femdom site? The last knee-trembler Femdom stuff we shot was in about 2006 I think? How many affiliates even look at the sites they are promoting to see what is relevant or what are the hot subjects in the updates?

Quote:
Whilst I understand the growing interest in building in-house traffic it is incredibly time consuming and some of us are not lucky enough to have teams of people to undertake specific tasks. As a one man band it's a case of best results for least work, and I don't mean not working, more prioritisation.
The growing interest started years ago but no one really noticed. We have been lucky to have had a lot of very good help over the years from some very clever people and one guy in particular who ran a very big site told me how much he had paid out to affiliates in the previous year and how much more efficient it would be to use just some of that to staff an office with his own traffic people and generate his own. He did that and he never looked back and sold out to another even bigger company doing the same thing. Your own traffic has a lot of advantages such as pricing on the fly, using various billers/ payment options etc. This is just business really. Just because CCBill pay out your affiliates it doesn't mean that you are not paying them yourself.

Quote:
One other interesting point are the demands from affiliates. My biggest argument (as a pay site owner as well), is the one of "leak free tours". Your very own site dropped ours because of our "leaky tours". . We have changed that now to meet affiliate demands - but lost tons of "in-house" traffic at the same time. At one stage it was even stated that links to Twitter and Yahoo were "leaks". Catch 22 or pot calling kettle black?
For me now you can have as many leaks as you like. John ran stuff a different way until recent times but times have changed and yes I agree that so long as they are sensible leaks (Twitter, Tumblr, FB, Newsletter, etc) you would be daft not to have them there now. To be honest without some sort of in-house traffic a site will die shortly anyway and I would rather send traffic to sites that are going to stick around.