View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 09:31 AM

There is a lot of good stuff in this thread so here is my input for what it's worth. As always it's with two hats

Paysites
Amazingastrid was up in 2016, the first time since the 2009 crash! We update at least 2 times a week, sometimes 3. I try to put out new galleries for all our sites once every two weeks. Our inhouse email marketing is keeping things together. Jansnylonsex suffered from a lack of updates and a softer style but still does ok when we have new updates. Desyrasnylonsex has never been big. She has wat too many sites that compete with each other in my view.

The fundamental fact is traffic converts as well as ever but we get 50% less traffic compared with past years. Surprisingly it's not Google that is the main cause but the collapse of the affiliate side. The 2009 crash killed off so many TGPs, or caused them to change mainly to tube sites.

So some positives but still many challenges.

Affiliate Sites

Where do I begin? 2016 saw sales level with 2015, the best result for a while.There has been a shift from CCBill affiliate sales to "Misc" mainly because there are fewer CCBill based sites around particularly in the solo model area.
Some sites still sell like a bomb regardless of whether the model, or me, is recycling stuff. I just do not have enough of them.
I could sell a lot more if sponsors could be arsed putting together new galleries etc on a more regular basis. Kenny's Pennies is a great example (Lady Sonia & RedXXX). No new galleries since June last year - even though the sites are being updated. It's very frustrating.

Traffic is also a challenge. My Google traffic dropped over 30% since 2014. I keep trying with SEO but it doesn't work as well as it did. Another factor is the closure of many similar TGP sites, or they have closed their trade options. Another challenge!

On all fronts sales are very,very patchy. Great weeks can easily be followed by "WTF" weeks. I put that down to people being constantly at the credit limits on their cards. Nothing we can do about that.

So there you are.