View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 05:59 AM

xxxhostit.com - since 2004 or 2005. not sure if they are taking new accounts though. solid.

hosthead.com - had a server there for several years that i just cancelled. good host, but i had some issues with a virus on my server that they cleaned up once, but it later reappeared some months later. not sure where it came from if it was something i uploaded or was hacked. but i have never had this problem with any other host. in fact these were sites i moved from another host to them.

just got a server with actihosting.com, so far so good, but only been about 2 months. heard good things about them, so figured give them a shot.

in the past i used server matrix until about 2005. but cancelled that due to some changes they made with cpanel, which sort of fucked up all my passwords and stuff. so i just said screw it and moved everything to hosthead. i used servermatrix for about 2-3 years. okay but i am not a server guru so if i had an issue i needed to pay up for it.

had a few other hosts prior to 2004, but not sure if they are still around.

i am a server idiot, i know nothing about them, so i prefer managed servers and hosts that are responsive rather than do it myself. also i don't spend all day on icq, and live in asia, so with the time difference prefer to use email. there are a couple of other hosts that i would try, but they always want to talk via icq which kinda sucks for me.