View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 05:17 PM

Default Silence of Sheeps - DMCA notices, Copyright Infringements etc

Hello,

I am a newbie here but I am not a newbie in our leg webmasters world.
Some of you knew me before I came here.
I started my first free website in 1997.

It's over 14 years of existing in web.

First of all I would like to apologise for my English which is not perfect.
I know after 14 years it could be better... (I feel shame now)

I will try to write clearly so you can understand what I mean.

I visit this forum very often. I even tried to signup 6 months ago but something went wrong and I was not approved.

Guys, almost everything I can see here is nearly crying. Crying over past good times.
Things has changed and golden years has gone..

Every day I try to find out why my income decreases even if I updated my websites on regular weekly basis.
I am uploading to my sites so many pictures and HD videos every week... Why it's still decreasing?

I think I found one main reason. I think it is not the only one but surely it is main reason.

People (visitors) are clever, very clever.

If you own a store selling cigarettes for example 1 box of Marlboro per $20

How can you expect people to purchase such cigarettes at your store if the next door
LEGAL store for a price of $15 offers 5 boxes of Marlboro and additionally extra 20 boxes of Camel's.
And additionally if someone enter their store they give him 1 box of choosen cigarettes free.

Everything I wrote is true.

Our websites are just like STORES.

We are producing content or purchasing - then we work on traffic and some people signup our sites.
They download our content just like people taking box of ciggarettes... And all is OK until our visitors find the other very very cheap store. Legal store which sells our content or just giving it for free.

Do you know what I mean?

Of course - I mean FORUMS.

They are legal and they offer stolen content legally.

Try to imagine - in real you open a new store and then you start advertising:

"STOLEN CIGARETTES! 30 boxes for a price of one! Thousands kinds of cigarettes!
Just come and see. Some of them are for free!"

I am very sure in a few hours you will be visited by investigator.
Even if you didn't have stolen cigarettes at your stock. Even if you just gave him an address where he can find stolen cigarettes. Your store will be closed and you will be prosecuted for illegal handling because you just provided people with information where they can find stolen products.

How come the forums are legal even if you can see "FULL SITE RIPS" advert at their front page?

And why webmasters of paysites do nothing to stop such criminals?

Marcin