View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddi View Post
guys, you should not be so draconic .
allthough i condmn piracy, this above mentioned page does not contain full sets, and even if it would, its still good advertisement, i mean since a very long time i just sign up for a membership of a site i found there and i might signup for others...because the full resolution of some images convinced me....just my 2cents
I dislike this approach. I should be able to advertise when and where I choose. It should not be chosen for me by a thief.
Zolli is not being draconian. Quite the contrary.

The analogy is of the thief who gets caught robbing the bank, claims he was testing security.

It is flat out theft for profit.

The above argument is as old as the internet. It goes like this....If you are not using the theft to your advantage, you are a loser.
Wrong. If you are using theft to your advantage, you are part of the problem and encourage the thieves.

Just look at the file lockers and tube sites who rip websites and sell access. How the f*uck can anyone but the thief make money?

Adult King over at GFY is doing something about it, bless him.

There is a Dutch guy out there ripping whole sites, full sets and videos complete, putting a type in url over watermarks.

When I contacted a few people...mostly English webmasters...that this was happening (hoping to help) I was informed he was an "affiliate".

Now, you tell me how the hell you can make money when an "affiliate" rips your site, covers your logo, puts the content on file lockers and worse....tube sites.

Why would I want to actually pay money. And why do these content sites permit it.