Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 11:50 AM

Both good comments. Firstly I have slapped my own wrists for not changing the Lay Sonia banner and text to match the new positioning. My bad and I will correct asap.

Very interesting insight into affiliate costs versus employing experts to generate in-house traffic. Like where does this traffic come from? Google etc?. I "advertise" on Tumblr and get some traffic from it, and we still have some banner exchanges. It's just all small beer compared with what we get from our affiliate scheme. I guess my issue has always been taking on the cost (increasingly difficult) before the results kick in, or even worse, don't kick in!

I am not sure if I am an affiliate of yours nyllover, I would have to look that up. If I am I don't receive your newsletter emails. I get your point though. We always say "get in touch if you need anything" but the only requests we get are for things which the affiliate should easily be able to do themselves. Selecting and prepping specific galleries is one thing but creating a new banner is entirely another.

Truth is I am finding this feedback excellent and is what a good forum is for!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post

Very interesting insight into affiliate costs versus employing experts to generate in-house traffic. Like where does this traffic come from? Google etc?. I "advertise" on Tumblr and get some traffic from it, and we still have some banner exchanges. It's just all small beer compared with what we get from our affiliate scheme. I guess my issue has always been taking on the cost (increasingly difficult) before the results kick in, or even worse, don't kick in!
Our biggest source of in-house sales by a long way is our newsletter mailer now. Don't think we have found anything since 1998 that has converted any better than our mailings. Twitter was ok (diminishing returns I think as it seems to be full of prostitutes and freeloaders now) but we have a strict policy of zero customer interaction now and I am too busy with family and things now to push anything like that too hard. Twitter used with Tumblr and FB to steer people towards a newsletter would be the best bet.