Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 05:49 PM

Default Sales THis Week

We have had a horror story on sales this week. 70% down on the week before last and 40% below average. It all just stopped last Thursday and has never picked up. This is across the board - all our sites, with no exception.

Traffic is very good, and either join hits or clicks out (depending on the type of site) are very normal, good in fact. Just no conversion/sales.

On GI/UF this pretty much only applies to CCBill sponsors. My 'misc affs" are doing fine.

Two or three webmasters I have contacted privately say very similar things are happening to them.

Now I am not saying this is a CCBill issue but wondered if other guys are seeing the same?
Old 06-15-2013, 05:28 AM
Banned

not really...but ccbill is not our primary processor. Business is actually picking up. I think its because we our bringing our latest Prague content onstream and its pretty cool.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:14 AM

That was my point really. Business seemed to be picking up quite nicely then kerang. It just stopped and seemed limited to just CCBill being bad. My "misc affiliates i.e. not CCBill are doing fine!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Administrator

My sales almost non existing anymore
Old 06-26-2013, 03:53 PM

Our sales with Epoch are pretty much 100% consistent across the weeks now and the only up and down we are are with CCBill as that isn't our own traffic. Sales to other CCBill sponsors are at an all time high (would have to confirm this with John) and this is through weeding out sites and moving other sites up into their place.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Banned

Yeah...sales are on fire. Rocking like 2002. Converting like a motherf*cker. Record breaking.

.......and the coloured girls go boop de boop de boop de boo be do.

Oh yeah, and the affiliate model is dead. I know I attended the funeral last week.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Administrator

I was doing 1:40,000 with ccbill until I finally got a sale yesterday

(normally ratio around 1:1,500 to 1:2,500 worst)
Old 06-29-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
Yeah...sales are on fire. Rocking like 2002. Converting like a motherf*cker. Record breaking.

.......and the coloured girls go boop de boop de boop de boo be do.

Oh yeah, and the affiliate model is dead. I know I attended the funeral last week.
I am intrigued. If the affiliate model is dead as you say then

a) why was it so good up until two weeks ago (my best week for nearly six months)?
b) how do you find the traffic that affiliates used to bring in?

So far in June, with two days to go I have sent more clicks out to sponsors (via CCBill) than any month this year. It's conversion that has gone to pot. 1:475 in May and only 1:796 in June. The average across the whole of 2013 was 1:492.

Before you pronounce it dead, and seem to take a lot of pleasure from it, it might be good if you could explain how a site can go from an annualised conversion of 1:175 to 1:976 in just one month?
Old 06-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
I am intrigued. If the affiliate model is dead as you say then

a) why was it so good up until two weeks ago (my best week for nearly six months)?
b) how do you find the traffic that affiliates used to bring in?

So far in June, with two days to go I have sent more clicks out to sponsors (via CCBill) than any month this year. It's conversion that has gone to pot. 1:475 in May and only 1:796 in June. The average across the whole of 2013 was 1:492.

Before you pronounce it dead, and seem to take a lot of pleasure from it, it might be good if you could explain how a site can go from an annualised conversion of 1:175 to 1:976 in just one month?

Geoff....I was being ironic. Since an earlier poster who shall remain nameless has sales that are always rocking, has many times declared the affiliate model dead and you are an idiot if you continue, but still trolls for affiliates all the time on gfy and here. And it has finally dawned on him that giving away entire site rips is not good for business after declaring that it was a great way to monetize. So sites spinning wheels are always a sign of financial "difficulty", I will let you guess who and why.
The first part of that post was a "typical" gfy nonsense to attract newbies. And since no one here is a newbie, ya gotta wonder. Anyone who tells you that business is rocking is either really lucky (lottery winner) or lying. However, having said that, business is pretty good and pretty steady, just not like 2002. Say no more.

Last edited by js69 : 06-29-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Geoff....I was being ironic. Since an earlier poster who shall remain nameless has sales that are always rocking, has many times declared the affiliate model dead and you are an idiot if you continue, but still trolls for affiliates all the time on gfy and here. And it has finally dawned on him that giving away entire site rips is not good for business after declaring that it was a great way to monetize. So sites spinning wheels are always a sign of financial "difficulty", I will let you guess who and why.
The first part of that post was a "typical" gfy nonsense to attract newbies. And since no one here is a newbie, ya gotta wonder. Anyone who tells you that business is rocking is either really lucky (lottery winner) or lying. However, having said that, business is pretty good and pretty steady, just not like 2002. Say no more.
Bitter little man lol
Old 07-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Banned

Not so little, not so bitter, but a highly tuned bullshit detector could lead one, I spose, to believe that. Sigh!

Such an "old school" response, though. Perhaps "He is a pointless tosspot anyway." would be more "Damian....English like and current.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Not so little, not so bitter, but a highly tuned bullshit detector could lead one, I spose, to believe that. Sigh!

Such an "old school" response, though. Perhaps "He is a pointless tosspot anyway." would be more "Damian....English like and current.
Sorry you feel that way to be honest.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Banned

Nah, don't feel sorry. I feel sorry for not making a success of the many times I have tried to co operate in this little end of the market we populate, to no avail.
But I have seen it come and go. I have seen the spinning wheels and the results...always the same. The "great advice" being doled out wholesale. I have seen the successes, the failures, and those who soldier on.
But never have I seen such nastiness as on "some" boards that actually try and kill people's business. And I surely don't feel sorry for that opinion.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Nah, don't feel sorry. I feel sorry for not making a success of the many times I have tried to co operate in this little end of the market we populate, to no avail.
But I have seen it come and go. I have seen the spinning wheels and the results...always the same. The "great advice" being doled out wholesale. I have seen the successes, the failures, and those who soldier on.
But never have I seen such nastiness as on "some" boards that actually try and kill people's business. And I surely don't feel sorry for that opinion.
Well I have posted on a lot of boards over the years and there are good and bad all over and as far as sig whoring for newbees I am not interested in *any* new affiliates from anywhere so you can take or leave anything I post as and when you like.

We are still having fun and making a lot of changes to the way that we do things and we are also working very closely now with a few friends and other paysite owners as we see out what is left in the business for us.

It's no longer 2002 and to be honest I am quite pleased about that but it's been a lot of fun along the way.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Banned

Well, good luck to you, and I mean that with best wishes. However, 1997 to 2007 was as much fun as it gets in this business. Almost as much fun as London in the Eighties......almost but not quite as profitable.