Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 01:27 PM

Default Epoch

I have been looking into having Epoch for cascading billing but they are
asking for a $500 deposit to get things set up

1. MasterCard payment- https://wnu.com/secure/services/?api... ler=M-602439

Has anyone done this. Looks like a rip off or scam to me. $500 for the
pleasure of doing business with them???? Who are they kidding?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:26 PM

Same Mail here, the mail is no fake.
Here the Answer from Henry Rosa:

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the email. No worries. All is understood. Yes, this is a new fee imposed by the Card Association, Mastercard, in order to be able to accept Mastercard type transactions.
Do understand your concern. You can choose to opt out of paying this fee but Mastercard would then be turned off on the account.

Please advise

Henry
Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 AM

Mastercard are obviously clamping down probably because of fraud/money laundering. CCBill have just asked me to provide a ton of ID stuff and I have to provide it or lose all Mastercard charging options.

Sign of the times I guess.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
Sign of the times I guess.
Very well said i'm afraid. We got the same e-mail and well it's nothing new... actually also CCBill should ask for those money soon, they said they will.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyllover View Post
Very well said i'm afraid. We got the same e-mail and well it's nothing new... actually also CCBill should ask for those money soon, they said they will.
I think it's just new clients. As I understand it they have been asking for a fee from new clients for quite a while. $750 springs to mind.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:00 PM

CCBIll you mean? uhmmm...well i hope that's the case then...
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 PM

Here we are...got this one from CCBill...so it's 1.000$ more or less down the toilet... oh yeah

Quote:
As you may be aware, starting May 24, 2013, MasterCard will be implementing an annual fee of $500 as a requirement for accepting payments on what MasterCard deems as high-risk sales. This fee will be applicable to your online business, and as your trusted e-commerce platform, we need to make you aware of a couple of key items.
- CCBill is a MasterCard Payment Facilitator; meaning we will process MasterCard sales, provided the annual fee is paid
- Five $100 payment installments will be automatically subtracted from your payouts over a five week period so you can keep processing MasterCard
- These $100 installments will begin with your payout checks dated May 20
If you do not wish to keep MasterCard as a payment option, contact Contract Administration at contractadmin@ccbill.com
Old 05-09-2013, 10:11 PM

Does your CCBill merchant stats break down cc sales by card type so you can make an informed decision?

If so, what percentage of the total is typical? I'm fully expecting a fair number of smaller programs to opt not to take MC rather than pay the fee. I'm wondering what kind of impact that is likely to have on the bottom line.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 AM

You can find out the Visa/Mastercard split but I can only find a very long and tiresome way of doing it. There doesn't seem to be a summary anywhere from what I can see. If anyone knows a shortcut then please post it here.

On the broader subject how long will it be before Visa implements this too? I fear it won't be long. Is the $500 the fee irrespective of billings/revenues or is it tiered so that larger earners pay more? It seems dreadfully unfair that someone earning $50,000 per annum pays the same as a company with a turnover of $500,000. If it's "risk management" then the higher the revenue the higher the risk surely?

Ultimately I believe this will cause a large number of smaller operators to close. It really is getting to the point where it won't be worth carrying on!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:37 AM

Another question. Are Epoch also going to charge, and maybe NetBilling and other processors? Or is it just CCBill?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:42 AM

Whoops one more thing. The email from CCBill (which I haven't received directly but via Jay) says $500 in one lump. Above it says $100 per week for 5 weeks. Which is it?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:43 AM

high-risk sales, don`t make me laugh.
Meanwhile around the word online business is exploded. I think they are looking for another form to earn money more and more.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:58 AM

Five $100 per week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
Whoops one more thing. The email from CCBill (which I haven't received directly but via Jay) says $500 in one lump. Above it says $100 per week for 5 weeks. Which is it?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 AM

5x 100$ per pay period, not for week
Old 05-10-2013, 10:54 AM

Has everyone had this mail from CCBill? I didn't receive one and I now know other webmasters who haven't. Is there a "mimimum" sales level for it?