Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2014, 02:08 PM

Default Check your UK based sponsors

I've received one notice from a UK based program that they're pulling non-compliant affiliate content due to the new law going into effect regarding freely accessible adult content.

Many others, such as Lady Sonia, are pulling the content without notification. Only her most recent 30 galleries are still active, all others redirect to the tour.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:04 PM

At onlytease we don't need to change anything, thankfully as our stuff is so tame we are not affected by ATVOD or the forthcoming law change
Old 11-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Shit, that is kinda fucked up of LadySonia and crew. I never got any email about them pulling the links. That is actually considered traffic theft. WTF.

Well, checking all links, I have been getting those emails from Secretease, Pinup Wow, etc so far.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Banned

Well, I will be checking my uk based affs. Thanks, Toby.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:50 PM

I am not going to start a mega discussion here but there are wider ramifications than this. For example JS technically you also have to comply with the UK laws IF, and I say IF, you want to keep selling to UK customers. Toby the same goes for you (and me)

It's a complete fuck up. UK based website operators are supposed to comply or face penalties - including prison. Non UK based operators need to register, and comply or be blocked.

Under the new regulations JS most of your recent video galleries would be deemed illegal - like this one for example - http://www.leggycash.com/sadie/nylon.../index.php?id=

I am not having a go at you personally JS I am just highlighting how confusing the law is!
Old 11-29-2014, 05:00 PM

Default Outside UK

This is not my educated opinion.

I don't think webmasters/affiliates outside of the UK have to panic immediately.

Inside the UK we do, with editorial control over our content and we will be held accountable. I have no idea what can be done about content that has already gone into the public domain eg built from zips etc

Speak to Jerry Barnett find him on XBiz.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:17 PM

Jerry and I have been chatting all week. For non UK webmasters I think there is time to see what happens.

To be honest, from what I am reading (and hopefully understanding), the adult web business in the Uk is pretty much finished if the Government cannot find an effective way of making non UK based operators comply.

Glamour etc is fine but the hardcore and fetish markets are done for.

As I said at XBiz - surfers will find a way around the UK blocking sites but the only beneficiaries will be US/European site owners
Old 11-29-2014, 05:22 PM

Default Yes

Agree on all counts.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:40 PM

It's going to be a challenging few months. You could always emigrate!
Old 11-29-2014, 05:43 PM

Default The great escape

A warmer climate does now seem rather enticing for more reasons than one!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
To be honest, from what I am reading (and hopefully understanding), the adult web business in the UK is pretty much finished if the Government cannot find an effective way of making non UK based operators comply.
We already know that's not going to happen. Some will comply, some will get blocked, but the vast majority will carry on unchanged. It's virtually impossible to block all non-compliant sites. The sheer volume of sites and domains make that a logistical non-starter.

It sucks big time for UK content producers, but if ATVOD manage to block a significant number of the large tubes it may be a net plus for others.

My main concern... many of my top affiliate sponsors are UK based, although the numbers are already significantly down over the last year. If they take an even larger drop due to this, fetish wear sites that convert gets pretty thin.

Last edited by Toby : 11-30-2014 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
We already know that's not going to happen. Some will comply, some will get blocked, but the vast majority will carry on unchanged. It's virtually impossible to block all non-compliant sites. The sheer volume of sites and domains make that a logistical non-starter.

It sucks big time for UK content producers, but if ATVOD manage to block a significant number of the large tubes it may be a net plus for others.

My main concern... many of my top affiliate sponsors are UK based, although the numbers are already significantly down over the last year. If they take an even larger drop due to this, fetish wear sites that convert gets pretty thin.
I agree Toby. Thankfully over the past few years I have become less and less reliant on UK based sites. Once they were my real bread and butter but so few convert well now, even before the new laws, I have been pushed further afield.

OK I don't live in the UK so there is less pressure on me. I think it says a lot for the overall state of our business that more UK site owners haven't emigrated. The UK is a pretty dreadful place to live with climate, taxes etc being challenging to say the least.

One other thing, which I may have mentioned before, is that surfers are ingenious! They will find ways around it for sure. Whether it's VPN, "darknet" or whatever they will find what they want!