Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default The European Summit

Anyone going to The European Summit in March?

http://www.theeuropeansummit.com

I'm debating about it. I haven't been to a show in many years, and haven't been to Europe in over 10 years so I may be ready to hit it.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:54 PM

I haven't been to a show since 2009. It wasn't really worth the investment even at that time, but since it was in San Francisco I could visit my brother on the same trip.

Nothing has changed since then to make shows any more useful for the independent webmaster. They are even more B2B now than before.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:11 PM

Toby... B2B is also between a program and affiliates... we still work together, don't we?
We started going to The European Summit 2 years ago..and never missed one since then. Very useful, very well organised, and keeps getting better and better.
Jscott...it would be terrific to meet you there
Old 01-31-2015, 12:40 AM

I can't speak for the EU shows, but there has been very little focus on gaining new affiliates by programs at shows here on this side of the pond for quite some time. Yes, they have reps at the shows, but they aren't easily found.

I don't need info from programs I already have a relationship with, so setting up advance appointments serves me no purpose other than maybe getting a free drink. What I want to find at shows are programs I don't currently have a relationship with, find out what they offer that may match my traffic, etc.

What used to be the most valuable to me was meeting the independent program owners. The ones where they are the content, webmaster, support. They do it all themselves. Reinforcing those relationships face to face paid of in spades. Damn few of those site owners attend shows any more, most quit attending before I did.

Attending a show will cost me a minimum of $1500 by the time I add up airfare, hotel, food and other misc. Triple that if it's a show outside the US. There just isn't enough new business to gain for me to justify that expense.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:02 AM

I am with Toby on this. I can't see the point and how I would get any return on the investment. Maybe I need to just go to one and find out more.

Even a European trip would set me back at least €2000 so it's out of the question unless I could find a specific business objective for it.

New affiliates? What are they? Haven't had a new affiliate sign up for months, when I used to get 3/4 a day sometimes. The affiliate side is dead - even though I still work in it.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:58 AM
Administrator

I agree too though, about shows not really being worth their while. Usually (for me) to go to a show anymore there must be dual purpose of a visit to that city/area.

For me, I have not been to Europe in like over 10 years.. so I would just like to go for holiday, I see cheap flights to Barcelona from Asia... and would love to meet some old friends there, and make new (in real life) Nyllover etc
Old 02-01-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
What used to be the most valuable to me was meeting the independent program owners. The ones where they are the content, webmaster, support. They do it all themselves. Reinforcing those relationships face to face paid of in spades. Damn few of those site owners attend shows any more, most quit attending before I did
Here i am Toby

I still see lots of value in meeting face to face: once you add a face and a voice to a nickname, everything changes (usually in a better way).

But of course guys...i totally agree with you if you need to spend that much to attend a show...that's the same reason why i can't afford to attend any show in the U.S. . To me attending TES will cost about 400 euros in total (flight, hotel, corporate pass)...so it's easy for me to find a reason to go