Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2015, 09:45 AM

Default DDF New T&Cs - WTF

Received an email from DDF with new T&Cs including all affiliates now have to send them an invoice before they will pay. Jesus the affiliate side of business is already hard but if all sponsors now need this it's getting to the silly/fuck it stage! Here is the full mail from DDF

Dear Affiliates,

Moving forward, we need to request some documentation from all affiliates with the following information. This is to stay in accordance with current accounting regulations and is mandatory for us from December 1st 2015. We will need these documents on hand prior to December 2015. They must absolutely be accurate.

Your Billing Contact info

Company Name:
Company Address:
Company Country:
Email:
First name:
Last Name:
Best way to Contact you: For example - Email, Gtalk, ICQ, SKype
==================

We will also need an invoice from you each month that a payment is due to you with the following information:

- Date Range of Payment Requested ( Example - 2015-11-01 - 2015-11-29 )

- Exact payment amount

Please set your invoice description to: « DDF Cash affiliate payout + date of Payment Requested :For example 2015-11-01 - 2015-11-29

Please bill to:
DDF Media BV
Dockweg 33B
1976C IJMUIDEN
Netherlands

Thank you for your compliance. We will need this in order to pay you out Starting December 1st. Any questions, please contact me by any means below. Cheers!

Best--Paul

DDF Productions
Director of Marketing
Webmaster@DDFCash.com
Old 11-14-2015, 01:26 PM

They essentially just created a reason to not pay people, and at the very least hang on to your money longer.

If they need an invoice for legal reasons, i.e. to avoid affiliates being considered employees under Dutch/EU law, then there are still ways to automate and make that process electronic. The snail mail hard copy process is being deliberately difficult.

Last edited by Toby : 11-14-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Sending sponsors invoice to get paid, what a "fuck you" to affiliates.

It's an obvious step towards not wanting to pay. WTF
Old 11-14-2015, 11:50 PM
Banned

I have to say, that all my life I have had to submit invoices to get paid. That is a pretty normal way of transacting business. I believe this is EU regs coming onstream. But there is nothing fundamentally wrong with presenting invoices. It also gives you a legal document if you do not get paid.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
I have to say, that all my life I have had to submit invoices to get paid.
Via snail mail, from another continent? I've been submitting invoices for payment of web design services since the late 1990s. Even then they were done via email.

Also... this is essentially commission sales, which very rarely has to be invoiced in order to get paid.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Via snail mail, from another continent? I've been submitting invoices for payment of web design services since the late 1990s. Even then they were done via email.

Also... this is essentially commission sales, which very rarely has to be invoiced in order to get paid.
So, do this by email. You can't fight city hall, Toby. Just move on, submit the invoices and get paid.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
So, do this by email.
Take another look at the quoted notice. You have to send it to a mailing address in the Netherlands.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:10 AM
Administrator

Have you guys ever had a job, an offline employer, where you have to type up, or fill out invoices to get paid?

Sure, at the beginning you have to give payment info and documents, but for EVERY payment? that is just ridiculous, waste of time, paper, and actually just some bullshit!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:21 AM

Been in this business for 11 years (on the affiliate side of things) and have never been asked to raise an invoice, ever.

Whilst I understand the legal/business side of it how come DDF are the only ones to ever bring it up? I have other European based sponsors and, so far, nothing from them.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:06 PM

I'd started a new topic about this on GFY a day before Geoff started this one here. DDF finally responded, and they seem surprised at the reaction.
http://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...-yourself.html

(I'm incognito as Qbert* on GFY, too many peeps I don't care to do biz with)
Old 11-17-2015, 02:45 AM
Administrator

for those that want to read the DDF reply. He's kindof being a douche about it (ddfcash reply)

Quote:
Wow....we got Terrorists ravaging our World and I wake up to this. Ridiculous. All it takes is for a webmaster to contact us, and you will have your answers once we get to your email. Thank you to all webmasters who are understanding of what's happening here. I appreciate your intelligible words.

We know it's a fairly new way of doing things, but we are not the only Program now requiring an invoice. This was a heads up. We are not controlling, or reporting anyone here, that's not our job, but we need to be in compliance with current accounting regulations and know who we are doing business with. What you submit is up to you, but if you are operating in a legal manner, you should be submitting proper company, name and address information to our Program. I can't tell you how many affiliate Profiles I see with country as USA or Europe and address as timbuktu.

The invoicing will become more streamlined and you'll receive messages and an easy upload center for submitting invoices is coming. No one mentioned anything about a paper invoice. Invoices can easily be generated on various online outlets for Free. Here is one example :

create.onlineinvoices.com/invoices-generator/create/3

To make things a bit clearer, this is not required for our December payout period, but for anything afterwards, it will be required. You don't have to submit an invoice every month, just when you want to get paid out. If you prefer to submit an invoice every 3 or 6 months, that is no problem. Were not looking to keep anyone's payments and if you wanna drop us for being compliant, well we probably don't need you promoting us anyway.

If you haven't noticed already, things are changing rapidly in the landscape, and being accountable will be the norm, so don't put us up on a cross and ding us as an "Evil" program for doing the right thing. If you have anymore bitches or complaints, feel free to email Paul directly at webmaster@ddfcash.com.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:13 AM

Guys...i have to admit, they are doing the right thing. I agree that there are ways to automate the process (other european affiliate programs automatically create an invoice for you in example), but they do say they are working on this.

Things are changing, especially in europe... authorities are starting to open their eyes on our business and...well let's face it...for the most part, payments are not following the law. In every job you need to send an invoice to get paid... i agree it's a pain in the a** but again...you can't blame a company for following the law.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Ohhhh well yes if that's the European law then i can't blame them for following the law. But why are the rest of European companies not announcing the same thing about this?
Old 11-17-2015, 04:29 PM

It's not really the why, but the how that was the issue.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
Ohhhh well yes if that's the European law then i can't blame them for following the law. But why are the rest of European companies not announcing the same thing about this?
Well...they are either still having to "fix this legal issue" or, most probably, maybe their company legal location is outside Euro Zone...that can be