Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
There is a lot of good stuff in this thread so here is my input for what it's worth. As always it's with two hats

Paysites
Amazingastrid was up in 2016, the first time since the 2009 crash! We update at least 2 times a week, sometimes 3. I try to put out new galleries for all our sites once every two weeks. Our inhouse email marketing is keeping things together. Jansnylonsex suffered from a lack of updates and a softer style but still does ok when we have new updates. Desyrasnylonsex has never been big. She has wat too many sites that compete with each other in my view.

The fundamental fact is traffic converts as well as ever but we get 50% less traffic compared with past years. Surprisingly it's not Google that is the main cause but the collapse of the affiliate side. The 2009 crash killed off so many TGPs, or caused them to change mainly to tube sites.

So some positives but still many challenges.

Affiliate Sites

Where do I begin? 2016 saw sales level with 2015, the best result for a while.There has been a shift from CCBill affiliate sales to "Misc" mainly because there are fewer CCBill based sites around particularly in the solo model area.
Some sites still sell like a bomb regardless of whether the model, or me, is recycling stuff. I just do not have enough of them.
I could sell a lot more if sponsors could be arsed putting together new galleries etc on a more regular basis. Kenny's Pennies is a great example (Lady Sonia & RedXXX). No new galleries since June last year - even though the sites are being updated. It's very frustrating.

Traffic is also a challenge. My Google traffic dropped over 30% since 2014. I keep trying with SEO but it doesn't work as well as it did. Another factor is the closure of many similar TGP sites, or they have closed their trade options. Another challenge!

On all fronts sales are very,very patchy. Great weeks can easily be followed by "WTF" weeks. I put that down to people being constantly at the credit limits on their cards. Nothing we can do about that.

So there you are.
Good analysis Geoff.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Banned

I am not trying to kick the dead donkey here, but vr and hybrid vr sites are popping up like daisies. There is certainly a market for them and traditional tgp type sites are looking dated. I think that brighter, cleaner modern sites with a more modern focus on classic and neo classic like Agent Provacateur lingerie is the way forward. A lot of our traditional customers have, well.."moved on". There is a new generation of leg and lingerie clients to be mined out there and that is where my focus is at the moment. Our biggest growth is in 25 to 35 year olds and 18 to 25 a close second where it used to be 35 and up. I am encouraged because the market is not shrinking.

Last edited by js69 : 02-07-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
I am not trying to kick the dead donkey here, but vr and hybrid vr sites are popping up like daisies. There is certainly a market for them and traditional tgp type sites are looking dated. I think that brighter, cleaner modern sites with a more modern focus on classic and neo classic like Agent Provacateur lingerie is the way forward. A lot of our traditional customers have, well.."moved on". There is a new generation of leg and lingerie clients to be mined out there and that is where my focus is at the moment. Our biggest growth is in 25 to 35 year olds and 18 to 25 a close second where it used to be 35 and up. I am encouraged because the market is not shrinking.
Like all things it's all about return on investment. For our paysites VR is a non starter. It would take many years to get our money back so it ain't going to happen. It's a similar case with the TGP sites. I am no designer/programmer so totally revamping the sites (which I agree they need) is a risk. After 8 years of declining sales it may be a risk too far.

I repeat what I said above - there just aren't the number of sites that work any more. 2D, 3D or VR ain't the problem. It's just not enough good sites to promote!
Old 02-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
Like all things it's all about return on investment. For our paysites VR is a non starter. It would take many years to get our money back so it ain't going to happen. It's a similar case with the TGP sites. I am no designer/programmer so totally revamping the sites (which I agree they need) is a risk. After 8 years of declining sales it may be a risk too far.

I repeat what I said above - there just aren't the number of sites that work any more. 2D, 3D or VR ain't the problem. It's just not enough good sites to promote!
I think that it doesn't really cost much to promote vr sites...same as any other. It just needs to look like vr and current. Reddit is a great source of traffic and site redesign is not that expensive. Sara at Zuzanna Designs has some nice templates that cost very little and with a little tweaking look great. Lauren at 7 veils does kick ass social media promotion for a very reasonable rate and the results are well worth it.
www.stockingsvr.com was a Zuzana template....and three others are variations of the template so a little goes a long way. Good value that pays off quickly.

Last edited by js69 : 02-10-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
I think that it doesn't really cost much to promote vr sites...same as any other. It just needs to look like vr and current.
Promoting it is one thing. But you need traffic that will buy it.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Promoting it is one thing. But you need traffic that will buy it.
That is why I suggested Reddit. I think that the traffic for this market is very similar, and some have the glasses capability. On ffstockings.com we are gradually introducing vr and already a couple of vr affiliates have taken it on to sell as a vr site. We have the advantage of having a player that you can watch the content without a headset. In fact you can zoom in and out as you like...or you can watch it as vr. I think you would be surprised at how many customers have vr headsets and leg and upskirt stuff is just made for vr.

Last edited by js69 : 02-10-2017 at 08:37 PM.