Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Default Who do you host with and what are your experiences with them?

In all your years/days as a webmaster, who have you hosted with and what are your experiences with them?

here's mine

ServerMatrix / ThePlanet - I been with them since '02, my 1st ever hosting company....they are solid, normally cheap but in my case I am disappointed that they wont lower my prices to keep up with the times, cybermike has better specs with them than I do yet he pays a lot less and when I requested for price reduction they denied me, disappointment imho
But other than that they are a pretty good unmanaged server setup

WireSix - cheap, i think it's a reseller, everything tech wise was average, but the support and service here sometimes had 5 days during DDoS attacks, i think Ryan took on too much and needs another support guy imho, i think Wiresix is good for a smaller network of sites

JupiterHosting / Navisite - they sold me on the fact that "we host gfy, we are very experienced in DDoS attacks", was very disappointed with the DDoS situation I had with them, their support is really good, usually very quick replies from their support ticket area, I've had some sites not fully loading for a couple months now, but cant seem to figure the problem, but that problem combined with this next problem really felt like a low blow -> another disappointment i recently had with them was a 20Mbps costing $702.50 of only overage charges from a gallery listing i I had in yahoo when that Zoey Zane girl was found murdered, it sent me TONS of traffic, but there was nothing said or done about it, just billed me as normal, I would've hoped there is away they would want to agree on a solution, we are still discussing now though after i initiated a talk about it

I'm currently searching for another host
Old 12-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Administrator

oh, but before those i listed above, i was hosted with
Blackseven (was owner of BunnyTeens)
geocities.com
Tripod
50megs
Angelfire
Spree
Terrashare - the good ole days!
Old 12-21-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
oh, but before those i listed above, i was hosted with
Blackseven
www.geocities.com
Tripod
50megs
Angelfire
Spree
Terrashare - the good ole days!
Then Rackshack
Now Colo-cation (been happy so far, going to negotiate for better setup soon so if that goes well all will be good).
Old 12-21-2007, 03:11 PM

ps, i figured jupiter would be shitty with how expensive they are. wankers
Old 12-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Administrator

jupiter is decent priced actually, well, as long as you NEVER go over your allowed limits

But I learned that there are not many hosts out there that really WANT you to grow, and that is exactly what i AM looking for, a host that honestly wants their customers (and themselves) to grow at a rate that is fair to both the seller and the buyer
Old 12-25-2007, 05:59 AM

xxxhostit.com - since 2004 or 2005. not sure if they are taking new accounts though. solid.

hosthead.com - had a server there for several years that i just cancelled. good host, but i had some issues with a virus on my server that they cleaned up once, but it later reappeared some months later. not sure where it came from if it was something i uploaded or was hacked. but i have never had this problem with any other host. in fact these were sites i moved from another host to them.

just got a server with actihosting.com, so far so good, but only been about 2 months. heard good things about them, so figured give them a shot.

in the past i used server matrix until about 2005. but cancelled that due to some changes they made with cpanel, which sort of fucked up all my passwords and stuff. so i just said screw it and moved everything to hosthead. i used servermatrix for about 2-3 years. okay but i am not a server guru so if i had an issue i needed to pay up for it.

had a few other hosts prior to 2004, but not sure if they are still around.

i am a server idiot, i know nothing about them, so i prefer managed servers and hosts that are responsive rather than do it myself. also i don't spend all day on icq, and live in asia, so with the time difference prefer to use email. there are a couple of other hosts that i would try, but they always want to talk via icq which kinda sucks for me.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Administrator

lol mikey, i'm a server idiot too man

good luck with actihosting

i'm deciding whether to go with caro, mojohost, oxeo, or onezero, i'm weighing the options lately, gotta decide before the new year
Old 12-25-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
lol mikey, i'm a server idiot too man

good luck with actihosting

i'm deciding whether to go with caro, mojohost, oxeo, or onezero, i'm weighing the options lately, gotta decide before the new year
oxeo is solid. i've had a virtual account there since about the year 2000. it is the only host i have a virtual account with. everything else is dedicated.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:03 PM

I used to be at ThePlanet but a year ago moved to Mojohost. The support and network there is incredible. They are offering some really awesome deals these days too.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:16 PM

I just ordered a server from pacificrack at the recommendation of a few people. My server at ThePlanet is crapping out as it's been online for 4 years now. Time for an upgrade I guess. I'll let everyone know how I make out with them but the pricing and bandwidth allotment seems pretty decent.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dready View Post
I used to be at ThePlanet but a year ago moved to Mojohost. The support and network there is incredible. They are offering some really awesome deals these days too.
funny you say that, i actually just cancelled my theplanet box (had it for 6 years), and moved those sites over to mojohost aswell, mojo seems GREAT so far
Old 01-19-2008, 05:59 PM

Yeah, my ThePlanet server is dying a slow and painful death. It needs some upgrades and they were unwilling to negotiate on price, etc. So the package I purchased four years ago is what I am stuck with.

Up until that point I had no problems with them but it became obvious they didn't want to keep my business.

So far PacificRack has not been a great experience. I have been waiting for almost 36 hours for the server and the only contact that has happened is when I am bugging them for answers. I was told it would be online yesterday and sure enough it was but they hadn't installed DirectAdmin. So now I am waiting for them to do that...

I'll keep everyone posted...
Old 01-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckerpunch View Post
Yeah, my ThePlanet server is dying a slow and painful death. It needs some upgrades and they were unwilling to negotiate on price, etc. So the package I purchased four years ago is what I am stuck with.

Up until that point I had no problems with them but it became obvious they didn't want to keep my business.

So far PacificRack has not been a great experience. I have been waiting for almost 36 hours for the server and the only contact that has happened is when I am bugging them for answers. I was told it would be online yesterday and sure enough it was but they hadn't installed DirectAdmin. So now I am waiting for them to do that...

I'll keep everyone posted...
yea man, theplanet sucks ass for the fact that they wont negotiate prices with LONG time customers

i was with them for 5-6 years, i had a server that was exactly the same as cybermikes, but i was paying $149/mo, while he was paying $89/mo, yet they wouldnt negotiate downing my price, thats when i knew i was moving away from them

edit: oh, and good luck on pacificrack, let us know how it goes
Old 01-20-2008, 06:27 PM

PacificRack seems to be good so far. Server came online last night and I've started transferring over the sites. First time I have used DirectAdmin but things are running pretty smoothly on the transfers...
Old 02-02-2008, 03:45 AM
Administrator

FYI! today is February 1st, I am officially 100% finished with Server Matrix/ The Planet Great day!!!!