Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Banned

Default Is the Leg Niche Dying?

A whole lot of leg sites have bit the big one. Personally, I don't think so. I changed up my focus to really pretty girls in nylons....modern nylons and modern panties....an updated look and voila. Its working. Most sites I see look aged, but not like wine. My theory is that that market is literally dying off. But every guy likes stockings. But the presentation can't look like daddy's jerk off material.
Anyone else modernizing or have any thoughts on this? Anybody doing something different for 2017? I would like to see this whole niche prosper.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:51 AM

I promote multiple fetish wear niches, not just stockings, and I'm observing similar things across all of them.

The big multi-site programs, generally do a poor job of fetish wear sites, no matter which fetish niche(s). That was true during the gravy train days, even more so now.

The small niche focused programs, whether one site or several, do a far better job. In almost every case it's because the people running the site(s) are themselves into the particular niche(s) they're shooting. Unfortunately those sites are the ones that are dying off, for reasons we've already discussed here many times. Few new sites launching to fill that void.

I think the fetish wear niche customers are still there, but there's less niche content available, so it's more difficult to put something out there (as an affiliate) that happens to tickle their particular itch.

All you can do as an affiliate is keep actively searching for new sites to promote, and new places and ways to promote them.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:46 AM
Banned

I agree. Lots of rehashed old stuff repackaged. But those who know a niche clock it right away. So how are you dealing with this brave new world? What changes are you making to improve your sales?
Old 12-23-2016, 04:25 AM

I'm somewhat at the mercy of what content is available. I watch it all much more closely, to catch sites that disappear without notice, so I can disable those links and send that traffic somewhere other than a black hole.

I also much more aggressively hunt for sites that I may not be aware of. Sometimes it's a new site, but much more often it's an existing site that has moved to a different affiliate program or affiliate back end. Most often that is from a MPA, NATS or Verotel program to CCBill. It makes more sense for me to promote single sites that are with CCBill, rather than those that do their own payouts, where it may take several months to meet the minimum payout.

Right now, I'm making more each month from my Streamate white label than any other individual site or program.

The biggest issue is generating traffic. Courting Google is a case of the tail wagging the dog. Social media, for affiliates, is a huge time suck with minimal results. I'm not afraid of work, but there are only so many hours in a day.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:38 AM
Banned

Our best social resource at the moment is Reddit and it is huge.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Hows the traffic from Reddit for you? I've always heard it's terrible, but I dont have experience with traffic from there.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Banned

Its good. Worth the effort.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
It makes more sense for me to promote single sites that are with CCBill, rather than those that do their own payouts, where it may take several months to meet the minimum payout.
There it is, the one reason why we will most probably never leave CCBill. Their cascading system lets us use different billers (like Epoch) while still giving credit to affiliates like you

Regarding us... we've launched 3 new sites during second half of 2016, all of them niche sites. In 2017 we want to focus more on producing a greater amount of FHG galleries than we did in the past: affiliates are still important and will always be.

Regarding those sites (well, 2 of them)... a PR is coming out these days..and i'll surely post about them here. One is about nylons (pantyhose and stockings) with a more hardcore content (including wet nylons, pee and stuff like that)...the other one if a foot fetish transgender site.

We aren't going anywhere
Old 12-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
Its good. Worth the effort.
btw, seen this thread on GFY
http://gfy.com/webmaster-q-and-fucki...t-website.html
Old 01-07-2017, 11:44 AM

is our niche dying? well, yeah, sort of.. yet i try to help preventing that from happening with my website. so i going to provide weekly updates also in 2017 - which will demand the biggest part of my personal pocket money. if things go well, i might get a perspective for a financial break-even in 2018 on the running costs for updates. but right now i just invest a lot more than what my site produces in revenue - which is all reinvested into fresh shootings. it would be nice if one day i might be able to pay for holidays with the money i make from the website and pay for weekly updates at the same time. anyway, i try to stay producing in 2017 as well and will very likely have a major interface change (preview of beta version already available on the site).

Last edited by nylonallover : 01-07-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:40 PM

I think you should try, one day, to go on your own regarding the site. Implement Epoch and CCBill payments, add an affiliate program, and just leave shopmaker.
It will be more expensive at first, surely, but it's the only way i think you can really grow. The quality is there, surely. So...good luck for a 2017 full of success
Old 01-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Banned

Good luck to all of you. I don't think this niche is dying. It is why companies that sell lingerie like Agent Provocateur are doing well.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Also i dont think it's necessarily our niche is dying, but everything in adult is changing, for years we've been saying it's going towards cams/dating/ads networks more than ever, and to higher quality sites (all sites, paysites, tubes, affiliate sites etc), and now even VR.

Old way of things definitely are gone or going, we need to change our ways. I was so comfy with blogging/tgp'ing , if continuing down that path forever, we'll be making pennies, i hate to say it, but that old phrase is "adapt or ????"

Old 01-09-2017, 12:22 AM
Banned

I agree JS....If I hadn't got into vr I would be wringing my hands.