Old 03-18-2016, 03:11 PM

Default Redoptics.com site closed

Stella van Gent has shut down her site.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Administrator

And the fall of the adult industry continues
Old 03-22-2016, 06:01 AM
Banned

yes....but...some of us still make money.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
yes....but...some of us still make money.
That's very true.
I suppose all that were not able to innovate their own products faced (or will face) this end.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:15 PM

I've communicated with Stella off an on over the years. Sweet lady, genuinely into the fetish, not just posing in costumes. It was always a battle for her to generate traffic to her site, and she worked it hard.

Same story you hear time after time. Piracy taking it's toll on income and traffic to the point that the cost of operating the site in both time and money exceeded the benefits.

I wish her well.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:11 AM

It would have been nice if she had let her affiliates know!

Whilst I agree on the impact of piracy and tubes, there is still money to be made. OK not the figures we saw up until 2009, but still possible.

The thing is that it's no a longer a business for the "part timer". It takes a large amount of dedicated time to make a site, or group of sites, work these days. As well as producing content for regular updates, you have to do far, far more on the marketing front to bring in the traffic. At the very least you have to have a good affiliate programme, an email marketing arm and strong social marketing activity. That's a full time job.

The days of posting a few pics and making tons of money are long gone I'm afraid!
Old 04-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Banned

IMHO Geoff, the next earner is vr. Use it or lose it. It is really a bitch to shoot well. And when I say a bitch, I mean a serious, stiletto up your asshole, Mexican hand cuff bitch. You will recognize me because I will be the guy whose forehead is so damn bruised from months of banging it against a wall. Its not all bad news though. The good news is.......its expensive. It just the horniest thing I have ever seen.

Last edited by js69 : 04-03-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:56 PM

For sure seems like most never let us Affiliates know, till someone hits a bad link and emails us.
I was going to mention it here till i seent he post already .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
It would have been nice if she had let her affiliates know!

Whilst I agree on the impact of piracy and tubes, there is still money to be made. OK not the figures we saw up until 2009, but still possible.

The thing is that it's no a longer a business for the "part timer". It takes a large amount of dedicated time to make a site, or group of sites, work these days. As well as producing content for regular updates, you have to do far, far more on the marketing front to bring in the traffic. At the very least you have to have a good affiliate programme, an email marketing arm and strong social marketing activity. That's a full time job.

The days of posting a few pics and making tons of money are long gone I'm afraid!