Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2015, 09:09 PM

Default Flash: It's almost dead Jim

Firefox announced that all future updates will have Flash disabled by default. Facebook publicly calling for the death of Flash. MalwareBytes publicly calling Flash the most targetted app by exploit coders.

The writing is on the wall, Flash is dead, it just doesn't know it yet. If you're using Flash on your sites it's way beyond time to find an alternative. I've left Flash disabled in Firefox just to see who was still using it. Lots of sponsor programs still need to update their tours.

On the up side, many of those annoying embedded ads that autoplay, don't work now with Flash disabled.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:08 AM
Administrator

oh shit, this is a pretty big deal. i use tons of flash adverts, ughhhh gonna be a long boring job removing them! back to old school jpgs and gifs hehe
Old 07-19-2015, 11:06 AM

mp4 with h.264 codec will play across all platforms
Old 07-24-2015, 05:32 PM

And as always everybody laughed when Steve Jobs and Apple said this years ago. At first they didn't even want Flash on desktop/laptop Macs and they have never allowed it on IOS devices!
Old 07-24-2015, 05:34 PM

Here's a thing though. Most of my sponsors use Flash for MHGs. When they do use mp4 they tend to split the trailer into four parts unlike the Flash trailer which is one continuous piece. Why do they do that?
Old 07-24-2015, 06:16 PM

I'm not sure on the specifics. I know that with proper server configuration the Flash clips will stream as they download and the user can jump ahead and the stream restarts from that point. Not sure if that holds true with mp4, or if there are server load issues if it does.

Dollars will drive the change. As sales drop due to Flash being blocked at a higher rate, changes will be made.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
And as always everybody laughed when Steve Jobs and Apple said this years ago. At first they didn't even want Flash on desktop/laptop Macs and they have never allowed it on IOS devices!
That was a totally political decision. Nothing to do with the technology. You have to remember, that guy was a narcissistic megalomaniac. Prolly why he is dead. He wouldn't listen to the doctors until the grim reaper knocked and he was already hooped.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I'm not sure on the specifics. I know that with proper server configuration the Flash clips will stream as they download and the user can jump ahead and the stream restarts from that point. Not sure if that holds true with mp4, or if there are server load issues if it does.

Dollars will drive the change. As sales drop due to Flash being blocked at a higher rate, changes will be made.
That is a server configuration. Nothing to do with flash.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:04 AM

Another nail in the Flash coffin...
http://www.wired.com/2015/08/google-flash-ads/
Old 09-05-2015, 08:53 AM

I agree but it's still amazing how many sponsors still use it. Even more amazing is how many still use WMV for their trailers.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Administrator

What do you think will happen with all the FLV tube videos, they will crash or just not play?

What about sponsor flash adverts and hosted flash adverts? I hitup Dticash, Amakings, Nastydollars, Javbucks etc about this asking what they plan to do with the flash adverts that we have linked (will they change automatically to jpg/gif so we dont need to make changes, or will we NEED to change the adverts ourselves in order to make sure the adverts are displaying)
..... so far nobody gave me any real straight up direct answers.