Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 06:17 AM

Default What Key Issues Affect Sales?

Here is a discussion topic which has intrigued me for the eleven or so years I have been in this business.

What factors affect sales? Why do sites (including ours) have unbelievably good weeks followed by absolute shockers - from almost identical visitor numbers? Why do some sites work and others not - when on the surface they are very similar? Are the factors "Big Picture" or "Details"? Is it literally the quality/theme of the latest update?

Whilst this is aimed primarily at paysite owners/content producers it would be really good to get some input from affiliates as well. In some ways affiliates have a better view, as they see the broadest possible scenarios and maybe we (paysite owners) get a bit close to it.

Thoughts?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why do some sites work and others not - when on the surface they are very similar?
Well, that is an interesting question. The main thing is to understand the actual product being sold. It is not always what it appears. That has always been a curse and a blessing for us. Affiliates don't always see what it is we are selling and those who do, do well. Those who don't miss the USP. Guys that think we sell stockings are close, but not close enough. There are a ton of fetishes buried in our websites, and those who get them....sell. But who gets it every time are our customers.
The bottom line is, we sell ourselves consistently and aff marketing is secondary.

As for the ups and downs of sales, I think that world events effect us critically. If the market is up, we are up. If there is no dreadful news, sales are consistent. If the price of a gallon of gas goes up, and it is big headlines, sales are not so good.

I am praying the Israelis don't attack Iran this year. That would be bad for business. But I am not too hopeful on that front.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:37 PM

JD I can only say two things - Euro Nations Cup (football) and Olympics. Both will screw our business over. The football is particularly interesting as we can see whole markets come back as a team goes out of tournament. The shame is that Germany is one of biggest markets and they always seem to get to the final lol!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Banned

The worst is the Superbowl week. The US is a huge market and everyone watches that football game.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 PM

Well it's quite difficult to know as each country preoccupations are different .... each sport events ( Superbowl, Stanley Cup etc .... ), each social events ( the actual student crisis in Quebec, Presidentials in US and France .... ) are more seen and LOTS more diffused in medias . I know it as I also run an online newspaper in Québec, each post can be shared over 4K on facebook, bloggers are payed an amount per 1000 cliks .... this one is only in french language, so really for local visitors, but even here, you got to stick on the local news to keep interests of the visitors . ..... so, in every sector, not even in adult business, noone's got the good answer

Old 04-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

so, bad news is good news for you Somona.....
That is the irony of journalism.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:20 PM

In a part yes .... for Quebec, and it's also why I won't promote the new Passion's website in Quebec ... The Irony is if I point a link on this Newspaper in a post , so ... it becomes an information, and all readers will click on it ....