Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM

Default 1080p HD Videos

Interested to hear what other content producers think of having a 1080p video option on their sites. We currently have 720p with a 4KB bit rate and the videos look great.

One of our webpartners has just bought a new vidcam (Sony EA50) and has asked me to consider 1080p vids for their site.

Personally I think it's a bit over the top but would welcome advice.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Banned

good question. we do 1280 by 720 which looks great. but...and there is always a but....its the bit rate that is key. that is up to you. the smaller the bit rate number, the faster it streams. downloading is another matter. that depends on the customers connection speed and your perceived decision of their tolerance. its kind of a guessing game. and just to further complicate the issue, there is a new 4000 standard that is just hitting the shelf.....just one step ahead of the shoe shine.

btw, we are in prague at the moment. you wanna come over and shoot with julia and astrid and drink some czech beer?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:34 PM

We offer 1920x1080, but it's just for download, no streaming. So it's a different thing really.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:52 AM

We currently do 1280*720 with a 4500kbs bit rate for download only and our member streams are 1280*720 at a 2500kbs bit rate. The steams are still pretty good quality. A typical download file size is 600mb and a stream 300mb is.

I have asked our partner to provide me a with a sample clip using the 1920*1080 frame and the bit rate he would like to use. I will then take it from there.

Thanks for your input fellas!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Banned

another suggestion to make your life easier...get a bigasoft video converter for about 40 bucks and if you have a separate cuda enabled video card, its magic.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up JS. Converting/producing versions is a breeze as I use Apple Compressor. My concern is really file size as a movie update is already around 1gb per update with the four versions that we already have.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
Thanks for the heads up JS. Converting/producing versions is a breeze as I use Apple Compressor. My concern is really file size as a movie update is already around 1gb per update with the four versions that we already have.
I am curious, will apple compressor do 10 different formats at the same time on your gfx card so your 12 minute videos are totally done and filed in 15 minutes? I am an apple luddite. I left mac at os8, but i might build a hackintosh out of curiosity
Old 04-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Compressor is great. Basically you can do everything except anything FLV. Apple and Adobe don't get on so FLV isn't supported. After that it's simples. You put in the video you want, select the versions (all totally flexible to your own spec), click a button and away it goes. Takes far longer than 15 mins though depending in the number and type of versions.

In theory it's a plugin for Final Cut Pro but I, like many others, produce a very high spec MOV file in FCP as a master, then produce all the site versions from the master in Compressor as a stand alone app.

I did try several other converters that were Mac compatible but was never overly happy with the consistency of quality etc they produced. I use Adobe Media Converter for my FLV versions at the moment but I am progressing to not use FLV at all in the near future. MP4 streaming versions work on every mobile platform including IPad, IPhone etc.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Banned

The trick down the road is to have a Cuda enabled gfx processor and stop processing on your primary processor. It is lightning fast. Go to
http://www.bigasoft.com/total-video-converter-mac.html
and try out their free download. Not sure if it will be as quick on mac, but it might be.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:12 PM

We post HD in 720. We have the masters shot in 1080 @ 24,000 { soon to be shooting masters in 4k once the prosumer cameras hit the market }

Less than 15% of surfers have a resolution of 1080 or higher.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/br...ion_higher.asp

Home of the High Platforms Heels, Seamless Pantyhose, Nylons and Dirty Talk.

FHG, FHV. Ask about invite only ccbill program
Old 05-10-2013, 04:15 PM

Been testing with the 1080p and can use a small file and still have a great looking product.
The main issue is update of hardware/software/codecs to handle it.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Banned

whose hardware etc?
Old 05-11-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
whose hardware etc?
Computer... new codec with the dslr's...so upgrade to Premiere 6 for the codec, have to upgrade to windows 7, upgrade the ram or upgrade comp...endless cycle.

Been trying a bunch of different 1080p cameras from dslr, pro, prosumer and consumer...you upgraded? which one?
Old 05-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman View Post
Computer... new codec with the dslr's...so upgrade to Premiere 6 for the codec, have to upgrade to windows 7, upgrade the ram or upgrade comp...endless cycle.

Been trying a bunch of different 1080p cameras from dslr, pro, prosumer and consumer...you upgraded? which one?
This is not really an upgrade. Windows 7 has already come and gone....however I am sticking with it. My processor is an Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) (sandy bridge) 16 gb of ram and a nvidia gfx card. This handles it quite well, but I upgrade as soon as it is necessary.
If you wanna process full hd 1920, this is probably the minimum you will require apart from mucho gigabytes of storage...terra bytes really.
At our level of video production, you should have at least a capable camera...dslr, video...whatever you choose. Price matters. The more you spend, the better the result. You have to decide what you need for your application.

Last edited by js69 : 05-11-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:30 AM

what cameras do you use? I am looking for a new one.