Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Think of it as the 30 second ads that play when you view a video clip on CNN.com or other mainstream sites. The skim are essentially ads for trade partners. Based on how productive the traffic you send to the partner their script returns traffic to you accordingly, and vice versa.

With niche TGPs it's very difficult to build traffic without using skim, unless you already have another high volume site to feed it.
Toby as I run TGPs I see your point. However as a sponsor, I also have to support JD.

If a surfer sees a thumb he likes, and clicks on it, he wants to see the gallery. If he gets another site/link, he may well give up. That's lost traffic to the sponsor - and potentially a lost sale to you. It's impossible to do the math as we don't know the number of guys that give up after one, or two (or three) clicks. But as a stab - if 1000 surfers click a thumb and 40% (?) see another link/site and 75% give up then the sponsor has lost 300 views of his gallery - and over time that could mean a lot of lost sales for both of us. Not only that you are using our content to your benefit as we don't see that entire traffic the content generates.

However I do see the need to get more traffic. The link trades work no doubt. That's all I have at GI/UF/PFN. But with no skim whatsoever. Interestingly I recently swapped using my own made up galleries to almost all FHGs. The impact on SEO was profound as all my SEO hardwork was lost. My Google visitors to GI alone dropped by 50% as my rankings dropped. Swings and roundabouts as my hosting costs dropped too but sales didn't!

Finally, as a sponsor, it's fair to say that all my best affiliates over the years have been totally skim free. Sadly most have gone (who remembers vixena.it and the like, even dare I say Classic Ladies).
Old 04-21-2015, 01:09 PM

As you note, all of the large no-skim sites are gone, and even those that hung on the longest were mere shadows of themselves before either closing or selling out to the tube scrape guys.

I think your estimate of how many "give up" is way off. Unless they get several in row, they just click again. This has been the norm on most TGPs for years, they know the game. If that many "gave up" my return visitor numbers wouldn't be so high.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Have you heard about DieselActions take on CJ's/Tgps with skim? Gotta run to airport, will post their email about it later....
Old 04-22-2015, 12:08 AM

I've not heard his specific take, but I've heard it all at some point.

CJ's are a completely different critter, in that they don't deliver ANY actual content. I've not seen any active CJ networks in quite some time.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I've not heard his specific take, but I've heard it all at some point.

CJ's are a completely different critter, in that they don't deliver ANY actual content. I've not seen any active CJ networks in quite some time.
Ya but i think he's grouping CJ's and skim tgps all as one. From the way he worded things, makes me assume that.

Home now, will get to work and find/post his email soon

ps. On a side note, Dieselaction is definitely one of my best selling and best rebilling sponsors EVER! Wanna plug them, to make sure he knows this isn't a negative thing towards his opinions, also to state true fact, based on my stats/experience with promoting them for many years
Old 04-22-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
Ya but i think he's grouping CJ's and skim tgps all as one. From the way he worded things, makes me assume that.

Home now, will get to work and find/post his email soon

ps. On a side note, Dieselaction is definitely one of my best selling and best rebilling sponsors EVER! Wanna plug them, to make sure he knows this isn't a negative thing towards his opinions, also to state true fact, based on my stats/experience with promoting them for many years
Have you got a link to his program, especially the actual sites? I am reluctant to fill in that sign up form without having some idea of whether it is of value or not.

Looking forward to reading the article you mentioned when you have time to post the link!
Old 04-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Hey Geoff, their webmaster ref links only go to the signup page (kinda wierd) but the direct link is dieselaction.com but it also only gives you chance to either login or go to register page. Their only site they have in their program right now is 18OnlyGirls

Btw, i found the email:

Quote:
Dear XXX, my name is XXXX and I represent DieselAction affiliate program. We have changed our policy regarding affiliate partnership. We don't work with CJ websites.

I am requesting removal of all our content from all of your sites within seven business days. After that date, we will have to issue DMCA notices.

Once you remove our content, your account will stay active and you will keep getting paid for your rebills. If, at some point, you will have new projects, which comply with our new rules, you will be able to publish our content again. If you have questions, please contact us.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
This was sent to many tgp site owners. That's why I think they are grouping together tgps with CJ's too
Old 04-22-2015, 12:06 PM

How long ago was this? and what were the new rules?

I don't promote teens, so that's likely why I'm not familiar with the program.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Administrator

It was sent about a week ago.

I dont know the exact rules, but I heard it's mostly something to do with sending false clicks (ppl click their thumbs and go to other sites), and also something to do with webmasters using to underage type text/titles and they dont want those involved with their program

So maybe it's not just the CJ/skim aspect, there are other purposes they are aiming for I guess
Old 06-16-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
Just to reverse things a little - with my sponsors hat on.

I am just in the process of auditing and migrating all our affiliates to our new system. We have a "ton" of affiliates - but very few that actually do anything. I research a large number of TGPs/Directories each week and the vast majority are way of date - very old galleries, sites/programmes that are closed.

Is it any wonder that surfers are becoming less and less interested in that format? Add in the ludicrous amount of circle jerking/skimming and it's a nightmare.

We have killed the golden goose by incredible greed. My two cents.
i would blame the tubes and brazzers for it,
there is a reason people did abandomed their sites