Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2014, 04:13 PM

Default Changes I am making to become compliant Dec 1st

I have bombarded this forum but I have a lot to say and clarify pre Dec 1st and I hope my threads may help other UK webmasters

Originally Posted By Liberty Harkness

How i was going to change my front end of my site when it was up was with the following..

Going to keep my hardcore video trailers but just use mosaic blurring on the penetration,blow jobs of that part of the the video ..

Static graphics was going to keep it topless only . maybe try a full frontal tasteful pose and see what atvod make of that ..

My reply:

For now, I am banning all video trailers from the free area of my website (I have one entry page video which explains the need for age verification in a light hearted way)

I won't even put youtube friendly cuts up for fear of confusing the surfer into thinking I am a softcore only website, inside the members area.

All images will be censored (I am working around the clock on this).
My FHGs are going to be replaced with soft content.

My clipstore is going to have youtube friendly videos on it as I can't bear to close it. Similar to clipsforall.

Last edited by Miss Hybrid : 11-29-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hybrid View Post
I have bombarded this forum but I have a lot to say and clarify pre Dec 1st and I hope my threads may help other UK webmasters

For now, I am banning all video trailers from the free area of my website (I have one entry page video which explains the need for age verification in a light hearted way)

I won't even put youtube friendly cuts up for fear of confusing the surfer into thinking I am a softcore only website, inside the members area.

All images will be censored (I am working around the clock on this).
My FHGs are going to be replaced with soft content.

My clipstore is going to have youtube friendly videos on it as I can't bear to close it. Similar to clipsforall.
I am not entirely sure I understand this.

If you say "I won't even put youtube friendly cuts up for fear of confusing the surfer into thinking I am a softcore only website, inside the members area", how will potential members know that there are videos in the member area and what content they will contain? Or are you just planning on doing it by "words"

When you say "All images will be censored (I am working around the clock on this). ". Do you mean ALL images, including your member area?

From what I can tell, even with solid age verification, so much content will become illegal in the UK it is going to mean a huge rethink in content strategy.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:14 PM

Default Censored

As you enter my website a video explains I can not freely show my hardcore content unless you age verify. I think my imagery being fairly hardcore with censored stamps over the action area, can distinguish me from a softcore/only tease site.

Furthermore for $1 (not a big risk spend) a trial shows my content. What they cannot access is greyed out and has a placer saying upgrade to watch full length videos. They get to see a selection of trailers.

I have to rethink squirting and remove these videos (again I am working on this now).

I have to check my content for heavy BDSM restraints too.

One thing I would like to stress is that whilst my members area is hardcore it is R18 compliant.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:21 PM

How is the trial system going? Can $1 trial members access the entire member area?

I am interested as we ran a trial test in October - $5 for 3 days. The results were interesting. Sign ups were great, rebills were shit (with 95% of cancellations coming within 5 mins of the sign up) and bandwidth usage went through the roof.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:28 PM

Did you allow them unmetered access? ie on a trial they can download full length movies?

My trial is highly restricted. You can see everything in my member's area as a thumbnail of the picture or respective video sets and get a feel for the wealth of content. You can watch a few 20 second trailers and get my free app. You have to upgrade which usually occurs within 5 mins, IF the content showcase is right and there are no software bugs or anything you can think of to dent consumer confidence.
The *trial was only ever a way to sample, not to consume everything and cancel.

*it's primary aim was age verification because I can not show video trailers

Screen captures of my trial area help me identify day to day what converts and what doesn't. I always keep a good sales day capture to refresh my memory.

Last edited by Miss Hybrid : 11-29-2014 at 05:36 PM.