Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 01:43 PM

Default Screen Resolution Stats

I've spent some time this morning looking at my numbers in Google Analytics, particularly screen resolution numbers, wondering if it's time to move on from 1024 as the max page width.

Figures are about the same across all of my sites. 1024x768 is about 11% of visits. 320x480 is about 4% and 768x1024 is about 3%. Operating System figures of note: iOS is 8% and Android is 5%.

What I'm suspecting is that the majority of the 1024x768 and 768x1024 visits are iPad users leaving maybe 6% of desktop users at 1024x768.

So, is it time to start making wider web pages? Your thoughts.....
Old 09-07-2012, 11:11 AM

Good info.
I have done similar and the growth in IOS users is amazing. Now clearly my 2nd biggest operating system after Windows. Even bigger than normal Mac OS. One interesting thing is that whilst your stats (and ours) on screen size say that, bear in mind that Apple devices like the IPhone/Ipad are easily connected to a flat screen TV - wirelessly if you have Apple TV or similar. So the screen that registers on Google may not necessarily be the actual one that's being used to view.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 PM

Pretty much my thoughts as well re: iOS and Android visitors. Even if they're using the native display those devices can easily zoom in/out as needed.

None of my sites have had a re-design in several years. I think I'll try one at just under 1200 wide and see how it effects traffic totals, productivity, etc. Reworking the page layouts is the easy part. Making new larger thumbs for a database of a few thousand galleries is quite a chore.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:04 PM

Be interesting to see what comes out of it. I have a feeling it's more relevant to paysites than tgps but don't let me stop you doing all that work lol!

Btw if you think your site needs and upgrade, look at Glamour Images. It is virtually exactly the same as it was when I took it over seven years ago. And it still has frames lol! I know it needs a redesign/rebuild but, like you, it's the volume of work involved doing it that puts me off!