PDA

View Full Version : Google Analytics Problem

cots
06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Do we have any Analytics experts here?

I have a problem I just don't seem able to crack. Glam Images (www.glamourimages.net) is a frames site (yes I know but I inherited it LOL!) and there is problem with my traffic tracking. The stats say that 95% is "direct traffic" which is simply not the case.

All my other sites are not frames and the data I get is terrific and seems accurate.

Now please don't go all tech on me as I am just a simple photographer who knows a bit about websites. So understandable answers please or I will have to go and lie down in a darkened room:D

somona
06-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Perhaps you could get some answers there Cots ...
http://analytics.blogspot.com/index.html
I personnaly don't use it in my websites, only use it for my E-shop, which is a script, and I noticed some incoherences between it and webalizer ( the E-shop is hosted on a domain name where I got Webalizer )....so I asked to many persons who gave me this URL :)

jscott
06-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I dont use analytics, I know I should, but just not yet :( Good luck cots

cots
06-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Perhaps you could get some answers there Cots ...
http://analytics.blogspot.com/index.html
I personnaly don't use it in my websites, only use it for my E-shop, which is a script, and I noticed some incoherences between it and webalizer ( the E-shop is hosted on a domain name where I got Webalizer )....so I asked to many persons who gave me this URL :)

Thanks Somona I will go and take a look at that link.

By the way prior to Analytics I used Urchin which came free from my Hosting Co. Even with my frames set up I never had a problem with Urchin but since it became Analytics - I have and it's essentially the same!

Oh well if anybody else can help then that would be great!

nfreak
09-22-2009, 10:38 PM
We've now sorted this. For anyone else that has a similar problem, the code has to be added to the frameset as well as the pages themselves.

PS: I hate frames too :D