Leg Webmasters

Leg Webmasters (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/index.php)
-   Leg Webmasters Talk (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sign Of The Times (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1819)

cots 03-29-2012 11:35 AM

Sign Of The Times

Just sent out my latest affiliate mailing. It's only around ten days or so since the last one but eleven sites seemed to have closed in that time judging by undeliverable mails.

We will have hardly any affiliates left if this carries on, as new affiliate signups are only a trickle compared with the numbers we are losing.

So pay site owners what strategies are you employing to keep traffic levels up? Being negative (devil's advocate :))

Top Lists are no good anymore
Banner swaps are time consuming and most are a waste of time
Everyone seems to have stopped doing Guest Gallery exchanges

Thoughts?

Toby 03-29-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cots (Post 8331)
Thoughts?

Same story more or less when it comes to submitters to my TGP's. Being narrow niche I've never had an excess of submitters, but the number has dwindled to just a handful and only a few of those submit regularly.

cots 03-29-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 8332)
Same story more or less when it comes to submitters to my TGP's. Being narrow niche I've never had an excess of submitters, but the number has dwindled to just a handful and only a few of those submit regularly.

I think today is as tough as I have known. I am struggling to find any new "CCBill" content for tomorrow's Glamour Images update unless I repeat models/sites that were only updated a few days ago. It is taking longer and longer to find good content that I have confidence will work. Too many sponsors are nowhere near proactive enough. They are expecting the affiliates to go hunting for their new stuff, even if there is any which more often than not there isn't.

So it begs the question - why aren't people launching new, well put together sites instead of the same old, same old?

I have "launched" about six new sites on Glam Images in the past few weeks with surprisingly good results (by launched I mean new sites from sponsors having their first appearance at GI). So, to me, it looks like the market is still there IF you get it right!

js69 03-30-2012 04:20 AM

Well, I suppose the glass could be half full. Fewer but harder working affiliates might just be a better situation for any sponsors remaining. We update regularly with good quality products and plan to be around for the long term.

onlytease 03-30-2012 05:04 PM

We do have a new site launching in abouta month - www.layered-nylons.com

As the title suggests, it is all about the lovely ladies wearing stockings and tights together, either stockings over tights or tights over stockings. There maybe even a few sets of double tights thrown in for good measure.

Comments and suggestions are very welcome, especially on what you would like to see on this site.

And all images will be 5,600 pixels in size!!

Now to the important part, a few samples from the new site.

onlytease 03-30-2012 05:06 PM

BigD 03-30-2012 06:24 PM

Great pics as usual Paul and I'm sure the new site will do well. I look forward to promoting this. Will there be plenty of video updates as well?

cots 03-30-2012 06:48 PM

Great stuff Paul!

nyllover 03-30-2012 08:34 PM

Fantastic stuff Paul!!!!!

jscott 03-31-2012 07:40 AM

Paul, been pumping out awesome content for what now, 10+ years?
:)

onlytease 03-31-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscott (Post 8342)
Paul, been pumping out awesome content for what now, 10+ years?
:)

yep 10 years in july :) we have a big anniversary shoot planned - watch this space :)

Smooch 04-02-2012 08:32 AM

Looking forward to your new site, Paul, that's one of my favorite niches.