Leg Webmasters

Leg Webmasters (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/index.php)
-   Leg Webmasters Talk (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Problem - Help! (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2238)

cots 04-27-2015 04:07 PM

Video Problem - Help!

I am having problems playing streaming mp4 videos I have made via Apple Compressor on my IPad - and I guess that also means other peoples IPads.

Other mp4s, not produced by me, seem to play fine and dandy. I guess that means

a) I am doing something wrong in Compressor

b`0 I am having problems playing streaming mp4 videos I have made via Apple Compressor on my IPad - and I guess that also means other peoples IPads.

Other mp4s, not produced by me, seem to play fine and dandy. I guess that means

a) I am doing something wrong in Compressor

b) The player built into our CMS script is a problem

c) But the same thing happens with my mp4 videos in JW Player

However the Mp4s stream perfectly on my Mac with the same player - it's just the Ipad. The same thing happens with my mp4 videos in JW Player i.e fine on my Mac but not on my Ipad.

I hope that makes sense to someone who can maybe help me out (in plain English)

jscott 04-28-2015 03:30 PM

Good luck man, I have no idea how to help you :(

I don't even have an ipad actually.

cots 04-28-2015 04:34 PM

Tut tut lol!

A great guy off XBiz has sorted me out. Incredibly knowledgeable and helpful with the patience of a saint!

Toby 04-29-2015 12:05 AM

Glad you found some guidance. I'm allergic to Apple, so no help here.

js69 04-29-2015 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cots (Post 10928)
Tut tut lol!

A great guy off XBiz has sorted me out. Incredibly knowledgeable and helpful with the patience of a saint!

Just curious, what did you do? I was going to suggest getting Adobe Media Encoder. It will do anything to anything. You get Adobe Premier with the encoder for twenty bucks a month and that package will solve all your media problems and with high gig files coming down the track, something like this will be essential. You can get a free thirty day fully functional trial version and if you have a capable video card, it will encode on the gfx card and save huge amounts of time.

jscott 04-29-2015 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 10929)

Same here :D

Miss Hybrid 04-29-2015 06:16 AM

This is how I advise my Apple users regarding member area content:
iPhone, iPad and iPod

Apple Safari for IOs and Google Chrome NO LONGER SUPPORT streaming of video from a password protected area

To be able to stream and play videos on Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod devices you will need to install a compatible web browser such as Mercury Web Browser.

1. Go to the AppStore and search for ‘Mercury Web Browser’.
2. The free option will play and stream the videos in the page, simply follow the normal procedure for downloading an App.
3. You can use the functions in Mercury Web Browser to download photos and video to your device.

iPhone Mobile Site
MP4 video plays but does not download.
To be able to stream and play videos on Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod devices you will need to install a compatible web browser such as Mercury Web Browser.

cots 04-29-2015 02:49 PM

There was nothing wrong with the encoding. That was perfect :-)

The problem was in the PHP code of the video page. Waiting for that to be fixed.

cots 04-29-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hybrid (Post 10932)
This is how I advise my Apple users regarding member area content:
iPhone, iPad and iPod

Apple Safari for IOs and Google Chrome NO LONGER SUPPORT streaming of video from a password protected area

1. Go to the AppStore and search for ‘Mercury Web Browser’.
2. The free option will play and stream the videos in the page, simply follow the normal procedure for downloading an App.
3. You can use the functions in Mercury Web Browser to download photos and video to your device.

iPhone Mobile Site
MP4 video plays but does not download.

Not true this Miss Hybrid. Once we had established the problem all the member videos at www.saffysglamourfetish.com played easily from the member area on my IPad in Safari (and for the guy helping out!). So I don't know where you got that info from.

I am a member of a couple of other sites too and no problem with their videos on my IPad/Safari neither. So you are putting your members to a lot of trouble for nothing.

js69 04-29-2015 09:40 PM

I checked around. No one has heard of this problem. I am pretty sure some of our members would have let us know by now if they couldn't see the videos. I looked at some on Apple emulation, but no problems. When did this first happen, MH?

ruff 05-03-2015 05:32 PM

Are you using coding for HTML 5? I recently converted a mainstream client's videos to present using HTML 5 video coding on the webpage. Now I have not tried it behind a protected folder. It is incredibly simple to use and all modern web browsers support HTML 5 now. I also use easyflv.com to encode mp4 videos that are compatible across the board. It will convert flv, mp4 and webm simultaneously.

cots 05-05-2015 12:33 PM

We eventually solved the problem thanks!

oil 06-17-2015 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 10929)

its a relief to see i am not the only one allergic to it