Leg Webmasters

Leg Webmasters (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/index.php)
-   Leg Webmasters Talk (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another one gone .. (http://www.legwebmasters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756)

BigD 11-27-2011 09:56 AM

Another one gone ..

Another nylon site bites the dust ...

http://www.deannadeville.co.uk/

riemens 11-27-2011 10:43 AM

:mad:

and again no message about closure received

cots 11-28-2011 07:38 AM

Sad. I know Deanna and Gary well and we have chatted a lot over the years. They had great plans for growth etc and fully intended to try and go full time on the web. There must be a good reason but I have no insight to what it may be.

The fact it's so sudden, and with no notification, probably means one of two things a) ill health or b) family/friends have discovered them.

The latter is an interesting point. When we decided to go full time on this, Astrid and I decided to tell everybody so there was no "name and shame" down the line. We are very open about it, even telling people our url. It is amazing how many "amateurs" don't want anyone to know about their adult web presence, especially if they have good jobs.

I guess their craving for exhibitionism, and some extra cash, takes over but they are gone in a flash if they are discovered :(

jscott 11-28-2011 03:16 PM

jeez, another 1 bites the dust, probably the most common saying this year in adult industry :(

riemens 11-28-2011 06:01 PM

if the trend hold on .... we must change next year our niche we are working ... because we have no sites to promote

js69 11-28-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riemens (Post 7938)
if the trend hold on .... we must change next year our niche we are working ... because we have no sites to promote

But the sites that are left will be the ones worth promoting. I intend to be around a long while. Business is pretty good again and I see no reason to even consider shutting down. The glass is certainly half full.

Secretease.com 11-28-2011 08:57 PM

I'm definitely optimistic. Things improve every month so far.

cots 11-30-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js69 (Post 7939)
But the sites that are left will be the ones worth promoting. I intend to be around a long while. Business is pretty good again and I see no reason to even consider shutting down. The glass is certainly half full.

Same here. And as I said earlier in this thread do NOT confuse sites that are closing for reasons other than poor business. I know of several that have closed for personal/health reasons but am not at liberty to say which they are here.

I also reiterate that it is now impossible to make big money without knowledge, effort and commitment. Toby was quite right. There are many "part timers" in our niche who do not have the time to commit to their sites, especially marketing, and they will be the first to go!

nyllover 11-30-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cots (Post 7941)
There are many "part timers" in our niche who do not have the time to commit to their sites, especially marketing, and they will be the first to go!

I'm a part timer since 1997...i'm not planning to go anywhere...and i actually hope to keep improving every year as i did till now :D

jscott 11-30-2011 03:31 PM

Nyllover what keeps you only doing this part-time? what has stopped you from ever wanting/needing to go full time on adult sites?

nyllover 11-30-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscott (Post 7943)
Nyllover what keeps you only doing this part-time? what has stopped you from ever wanting/needing to go full time on adult sites?

Well, having a truly "safe" fulltime job, especially during these hard times, it's the main fact that stopped me.
I started seeing great potential in adult only in the last 5 years...but having a family that counts on you (and a little 1 years old babygirl) well... gives you lots of doubts when it comes to "bet on adult", if you know what i mean.
Perhaps in the future i will switch to full time adult, but at the moment...i don't look at that as an enough wise decision.

jscott 12-01-2011 05:08 AM

Ahhh ok, so you have a solid "real" offline job, that's good, keep that job very good and secure man :)

Suckerpunch 12-02-2011 02:18 PM

Agreed with the common sentiment that many of the sites that have closed are due to poor business practices or content. I have not had a single site I promote close recently and the sites that convert are the ones that are constantly providing their customers with quality content.

riemens 12-02-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suckerpunch (Post 7947)
Agreed with the common sentiment that many of the sites that have closed are due to poor business practices or content. I have not had a single site I promote close recently and the sites that convert are the ones that are constantly providing their customers with quality content.

+1 weekly promo stuff = good sales :)

nyllover 12-03-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscott (Post 7946)
Ahhh ok, so you have a solid "real" offline job, that's good, keep that job very good and secure man :)

Thanks....i feel lucky having that job. Doesn't have a huge salary (and i'm starting to earn more from adult) but...it's solid, it's "real", and it's there every month.