View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
That site was always odd. It started out run by an Italian (I think) woman back in the day with nothing but stolen content. We had words with her and she soon moved on to affiliate marketing. I never really understood why a woman was stealing content and not turning a profit. Odd.
Same here. We first came across the site when I was looking for sites to link with back in the day (the good old days in fact). Found pics of Astrid with CW taken off and they may even have changed her name as well. That was their norm and I found a raft of models there that I knew and the same was happening to them. It was Frank in those days. Went berserk, he apologised, changed everything and from thereon in we had a great relationship until he died. To the best of my knowledge Sylvia wasn't involved until after they got into the affiliate side proper.

We continued the relationship with Sylvia until she disappeared off the face of the earth two years or so ago.

Why a woman? Well let's put it this way. I know my numbers at Glamour Images and I know the traffic I got through from Vixena to GI. Extrapolating from that - she was making a shitload, and I mean a shitload of cash LOL!

I can, and will, say that Vixena was our number 1 affiliate and was the inspiration for me to takeover and build www.glamourimages.net. Until the site was changed to the Frank obit, we still got sales via them and we were not even on the front page!

Sylvia branched out into a number of other sites one of which was nylons77 and I think stockingking. These were traditional TGPs though not showcase sites like Vixena.

I do hope she is well though. She was an exceptionally nice lady. She and Astrid became close personal friends exchanging family pics etc.