View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:48 PM

HI Jay - pages are way better than accounts on FB. There is no limit on "likes" for a page, unlike accounts, which do have a limit. Also you don't need to login/logout for each page. There is a pulldown menu in the toolbar and from it you can select who you are posting as (i.e you or the page). You can also do much more to promote pages and there is a simple analytics/stats reporting system too.

Twitter is good but needs constant, and I mean constant, tweeting to grow a decent following. I have found tweeting periodically is pretty much a waste of time.

The most effective method for Twitter is for the model to get involved and chat with her followers. The interaction leads to many more sign ups. I don't have actual stats to hand but when Astrid was active on Twitter we were getting 2-3 sign ups a week from 2,000 followers. The real Twitter stars have tens (even hundreds) of thousands of followers but that takes effort - and the desire to "talk dirty". Pic posting gets some traffic to the sites but nowhere near as much as "chat".

Tumblr is excellent. You can also link Tumblr and Twitter so you only have to post once. Yesterday I had a Tumblr "burst" and got 121 new followers in a day. I just wish I had the time to do it more. Tumblr is also a boost to your SEO and Google rankings.