View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichednet View Post
yeah, i never would have guessed, we are just trying to get the sponsors who are lagging to maybe put a little more effort in. Beyond a quick answer like that, you might notice alot of the best content comes from sponsors with the worst tour, and in turn creates horrible ratios. This can become a quick issue to rectify, but if you are generating clicks, why not generate sales?... So as my original post said, what sponsors are converting at low ratios, what sponsors are not preforming as they maybe did in the past, what can we do as a SMALL niche to generate more sales from this niche's sponsors to make us ALL more money ;-) [/rant]

All very interesting and I know where you are coming from. However I am not sure I can agree with all your sentiments. I am an affiliate (3 sites) and a sponsor (3 sites) but here I will focus and comment with my affiliate hat on!

I treat my sites as a business (I do nothing else so the web is full time for me) and make decisions based statistical facts. I also try and avoid "short termism" i.e. I look at longer periods not just recent figures. On that basis here are my points -

Leak free or leaky makes NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever. 7 out of my top 10 converters have leaky tours. It's ONLY about content.

Sites blow hot and cold. One of my top 10 in the first quarter is currently awful. Why? My personal opinion is that the promo stuff they have provided recently is off target market.

It only takes 1 or 2 sales to improve conversion to great levels from crap and that can happen any day. You never know.

Why do you post galleries? I only post what I REALLY like (ok 97% of the time) so my site(s) are exactly that - MINE. I do not just post galleries for the sake of it.

Do you work closely with your sponsors? I do. In fact in most of my top 10 cases I am a member of their sites and take my own images as I need them whilst sticking religiously to any rules they have given me.

If I like a site, or model, I will write to the contact and ask for stuff. I get a reasonable level of responses.

Now with my Sponsors hat on - not one affiliate has written to me to ask for specific stuff or galleries. If they did, and we had what they wanted, we would gladly let them have it.

By the way, only 15% of our affiliates are active and they do very well (I hope). A large number sign up and then do nothing. Zip! Why did they bother?

OK difficult to wear two hats I concede but hope this helps.