Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2010, 10:36 AM

Default CCbill No Sales For Days.

It's been 9 days and I have not received a single new CCbill sale, despite traffic hits to sponsor sites being up.

Anyone else experiencing similar or is it just me?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Just you. My CCBill sales have been above average.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Administrator

This current week I'm having a great ccbill week, overall ratios is 1:1800, that is VERY good for me, normally it's 1:2000+ which makes up for quite a bit of money

Sorry to hear your ccbill sales are down Smooch
Old 12-05-2010, 07:15 AM

ccbill sales 50% down since 2 weeks. some days without any sale
Old 12-05-2010, 10:48 AM

10 days now.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:13 AM

All normal here
Old 12-08-2010, 10:48 AM

Well at the end of the 10th day I got a sale at 8:00 pm, then another at 8:45 pm, then two more a couple of hours later. It's like someone turned the tap back on. Things appear to back to normal now.

I'm convinced they periodically 'ring fence' groups of accounts and give them a harder scrub than usual for a period of time. Like I say, increased traffic was getting to the sponsor paysites tours, yet no sign ups were happening, it's very strange.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:21 PM

Just like Mr. Miyagi, "scrub on, scrub off". I've seen it too, but 10 days between sales is a bit extreme.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooch View Post
Well at the end of the 10th day I got a sale at 8:00 pm, then another at 8:45 pm, then two more a couple of hours later. It's like someone turned the tap back on. Things appear to back to normal now.

I'm convinced they periodically 'ring fence' groups of accounts and give them a harder scrub than usual for a period of time. Like I say, increased traffic was getting to the sponsor paysites tours, yet no sign ups were happening, it's very strange.
Being my usual thick self can someone explain this scrub thing? No idea what you guys are talking about LOL!

BTW my CCBill sign ups are down 35% this week after four great weeks. In fact yesterday was my worst in five months. Just one sign up which is crap.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 PM

Scrubbing, as far as I understand it, is when they apply extra security checks to CC sign ups. This may be applied when there have been an unusual number of chargebacks or fraudulent cards being used online.

Maybe an CCbill employee might be able to answer this better, if at all. I'd certainly like to hear a definitive explanation as to why and how this happens.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:11 PM

CCBill denies that the scrub levels change at all, at least on their end, and there's no way to prove that it does without inside info.

That said, after pushing a ton of traffic to CCBill programs for quite a few years the patterns seem to support that something is effecting sales for finite periods, in a manner that's like turning a switch on/off.

All you can do is ride the highs, wait out the lows and hope they even out.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
CCBill denies that the scrub levels change at all, at least on their end, and there's no way to prove that it does without inside info.

That said, after pushing a ton of traffic to CCBill programs for quite a few years the patterns seem to support that something is effecting sales for finite periods, in a manner that's like turning a switch on/off.

All you can do is ride the highs, wait out the lows and hope they even out.
Which is exactly what they say if you ask if there is a problem. "We can't see anything resembling problem and we are sure it will even itself out" I can't tell you how many emails I have from CCBill support saying just that.

Oh and so far today is absolutely awful!!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Banned

This could be something to do with operation payback and their attack on mastercard and visa because of Wikileaks The CC companies deny that any transactions were affected, however a lot of financial institutions have been saying they were having cc clearing problems during the attack.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
This could be something to do with operation payback and their attack on mastercard and visa because of Wikileaks The CC companies deny that any transactions were affected, however a lot of financial institutions have been saying they were having cc clearing problems during the attack.
All this is interesting as I tried to join a site the other day (yes I still do for research purposes LOL) and my app was rejected. Now I know my card is a) fully up to date and b) has plenty of credit on it so I was pretty shocked to be denied!! Whether it's scrubbing or whatever there is something going on.

Not of much interest to anyone but I actually used to work in credit scoring technology for the UK's largest consumer credit lender (Great Universal Stores/Experian) and and I know exactly how it's done!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:10 PM

Oh and one more thing. Have any paysite owners seen a dramatic rise in "failed rebills" so far this month? We certainly have. At least one every day so far. More lost revenue.