Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2010, 04:38 PM

Default Leggy Lana/Lana Cox Cash

Does anyone else here promote this site/program? Looking over my stats for the last few months I've noticed a drastic change in conversion ratio.

July and Aug ~ 1:500
Sept ~ 1:5000
Oct ~ 1:4000
Nov ~ no new sales so far

overall conversion ratio from sept '07 thru aug '10 ~ 1:660

I'm not seeing any major changes to the site tour and the ccbill referer id IS getting carried through to the signup form.

I'm stumped on this one...
Old 11-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Looks like they're on their way out
Old 11-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
Looks like they're on their way out
Why do you think so, J. Are they not updating or what? The biz today just amazes me. I mean the site looks great and commercial. So wtf? And when I see who is folding and when I see sites that I think are big regurgitating product...things that make you go hmmmmm
Old 11-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Well, i just say that because, sponsor letting their ratios go to shit like that from i'm assuming to be the same source of quality traffic (from Toby) and they're doing nothing about it

sure, generally speaking, ratios are dropping like a rock across the board, no matter which niche or site, but those ratios that Toby just reported, those drops are way too much, too quick imho
Old 11-21-2010, 02:36 PM

After some more research I've figure out the problem. There was a significant increase in CCBill click counts for Sept & Oct, so I started looking for why...

On stocking-vixens.com I mix in some previously listed galleries from time to time. When I relisted some of Lana's galleries I switched up from the photo galleries to the video version. (she always releases them in pairs, examples below).

I generally use only the photo galleries as the sample images she uses on her video galleries don't make good thumbs. Back in Sept when I added a number of her previous galleries to the pending queue I switched from the photo to the video version, keeping the same thumbnail.

examples:
http://www.leggylana.com/affiliatega...ex.php?1585104
http://www.leggylana.com/affiliatega...ex.php?1585104

The first two "thumbs" on the video galleries are blind linked to the site tour rather than to movies or images. This accounts for the increase in clicks, without a corresponding increase in sales. The click increase alone isn't sufficient to account for the full increase in conversion ratio, but when combined with a reduction in sales it certainly had a drastic impact.

Lessons:
1) Blind links are bad umkay!
2) Don't use Lana's video galleries.

Case closed.

Last edited by Toby : 11-21-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:55 AM

Hi Toby

Don't have the same issue here, however I would say that Lana works way, way better for me in specific niches rather than the general area on www.glamourimages.net e.g Babes At Work. What is a shame is that her videos are crap on the MHGs.

She seemed to hire a full time affiliate manager a few months back but I have never heard another thing from him. Have you? Maybe the relationship didn't work out.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:25 PM

Other than the mass affiliate emails with gallery updates I've not had any contact with her/him/them.

Unfortunately the video quality issue isn't unique to her site. Many independent sites that have good photos have poor video. IMO, lighting and post processing are the biggest weaknesses.

It's a shame. All the pieces are there. Someone that really knows what they're doing could upgrade her site/program to one of the top in her niche(s).
Old 11-22-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Other than the mass affiliate emails with gallery updates I've not had any contact with her/him/them.

Unfortunately the video quality issue isn't unique to her site. Many independent sites that have good photos have poor video. IMO, lighting and post processing are the biggest weaknesses.
I agree but a lot of it is down to ignorance. Shooting video is more difficult than pics and you need to commit to it to get it right. I have £4000 of pic equipment etc and I would need £2500 min to get the same quality video. In this day and age that is a big commitment risk.

Also may site owners are afraid of the bandwidth issue so totally compress the life out of the video to keep file size to an absolute minimum with the resulting very poor quality.

It's a shame. All the pieces are there. Someone that really knows what they're doing could upgrade her site/program to one of the top in her niche(s).[/quote]

Ah but the same could be said of so many sites not just Lana's.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:41 AM

Did it generate the same amount of sales in sept and oct ?
Old 11-27-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Lessons:
1) Blind links are bad umkay!
2) Don't use Lana's video galleries.

Case closed.
Yeah that I have already seen and apart of, and the thought on bandwidth cost for video, bandwidth costs practically nothing, especially for a paysite to use, either way, alot of these programs need to pick up the pace and get on the bandwagon, we are not in 2003 anymore, all of us, especially the studios/models, can make some great money here, but need to open their eyes to technologies and such before them if they want to really succeed in this day and age.

Cheers and end Rant ;-)
Old 11-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
I agree but a lot of it is down to ignorance. Shooting video is more difficult than pics and you need to commit to it to get it right. I have £4000 of pic equipment etc and I would need £2500 min to get the same quality video. In this day and age that is a big commitment risk.

Also may site owners are afraid of the bandwidth issue so totally compress the life out of the video to keep file size to an absolute minimum with the resulting very poor quality.

It's a shame. All the pieces are there. Someone that really knows what they're doing could upgrade her site/program to one of the top in her niche(s).
Ah but the same could be said of so many sites not just Lana's.[/quote]

Geoff, consider the Canon 5D or some other video/still camera and learn to deal with those video files. You should be able to get rolling for a lot less. Good luck.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisey View Post
Did it generate the same amount of sales in sept and oct ?
No, sales were down also which tells me that in addition to artificially inflating the click counts those video galleries don't convert well.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:32 AM
Banned

I just had a look at her page...those videos take an eternity to load. That could be part of the problem.

Last edited by js69 : 11-28-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:59 PM

My Dear Friend Lana is still active and always did a great job ... Oh and btw, she is a member of Legwebmaters ...so send her a DM can be fine