FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 09:56 AM

Default Another one gone ..

Another nylon site bites the dust ...

http://www.deannadeville.co.uk/
Old 11-27-2011, 10:43 AM

and again no message about closure received
Old 11-28-2011, 07:38 AM

Sad. I know Deanna and Gary well and we have chatted a lot over the years. They had great plans for growth etc and fully intended to try and go full time on the web. There must be a good reason but I have no insight to what it may be.

The fact it's so sudden, and with no notification, probably means one of two things a) ill health or b) family/friends have discovered them.

The latter is an interesting point. When we decided to go full time on this, Astrid and I decided to tell everybody so there was no "name and shame" down the line. We are very open about it, even telling people our url. It is amazing how many "amateurs" don't want anyone to know about their adult web presence, especially if they have good jobs.

I guess their craving for exhibitionism, and some extra cash, takes over but they are gone in a flash if they are discovered
Old 11-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Administrator

jeez, another 1 bites the dust, probably the most common saying this year in adult industry
Old 11-28-2011, 06:01 PM

if the trend hold on .... we must change next year our niche we are working ... because we have no sites to promote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riemens View Post
if the trend hold on .... we must change next year our niche we are working ... because we have no sites to promote
But the sites that are left will be the ones worth promoting. I intend to be around a long while. Business is pretty good again and I see no reason to even consider shutting down. The glass is certainly half full.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:57 PM

I'm definitely optimistic. Things improve every month so far.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js69 View Post
But the sites that are left will be the ones worth promoting. I intend to be around a long while. Business is pretty good again and I see no reason to even consider shutting down. The glass is certainly half full.
Same here. And as I said earlier in this thread do NOT confuse sites that are closing for reasons other than poor business. I know of several that have closed for personal/health reasons but am not at liberty to say which they are here.

I also reiterate that it is now impossible to make big money without knowledge, effort and commitment. Toby was quite right. There are many "part timers" in our niche who do not have the time to commit to their sites, especially marketing, and they will be the first to go!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
There are many "part timers" in our niche who do not have the time to commit to their sites, especially marketing, and they will be the first to go!
I'm a part timer since 1997...i'm not planning to go anywhere...and i actually hope to keep improving every year as i did till now
Old 11-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Nyllover what keeps you only doing this part-time? what has stopped you from ever wanting/needing to go full time on adult sites?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
Nyllover what keeps you only doing this part-time? what has stopped you from ever wanting/needing to go full time on adult sites?
Well, having a truly "safe" fulltime job, especially during these hard times, it's the main fact that stopped me.
I started seeing great potential in adult only in the last 5 years...but having a family that counts on you (and a little 1 years old babygirl) well... gives you lots of doubts when it comes to "bet on adult", if you know what i mean.
Perhaps in the future i will switch to full time adult, but at the moment...i don't look at that as an enough wise decision.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Administrator

Ahhh ok, so you have a solid "real" offline job, that's good, keep that job very good and secure man
Old 12-02-2011, 02:18 PM

Agreed with the common sentiment that many of the sites that have closed are due to poor business practices or content. I have not had a single site I promote close recently and the sites that convert are the ones that are constantly providing their customers with quality content.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckerpunch View Post
Agreed with the common sentiment that many of the sites that have closed are due to poor business practices or content. I have not had a single site I promote close recently and the sites that convert are the ones that are constantly providing their customers with quality content.
+1 weekly promo stuff = good sales
Old 12-03-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
Ahhh ok, so you have a solid "real" offline job, that's good, keep that job very good and secure man
Thanks....i feel lucky having that job. Doesn't have a huge salary (and i'm starting to earn more from adult) but...it's solid, it's "real", and it's there every month.