Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 09:57 AM

Default Taking The Piss

Why do so many freaking TGP owners have a link for trades, let you fill the form in and set the trade up - but never either activate it or send any traffic back.

Robbing bastards - and it turns and easy job into bloody hard work. It really pisses me off!!!!!!

Any TRUSTWORTHY webmasters want some hard trades with Glamour Images (20k a day) and or Ultimate Fetishes (5k and growing) please get in touch!!
Old 09-13-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cots View Post
Why do so many freaking TGP owners have a link for trades, let you fill the form in and set the trade up - but never either activate it or send any traffic back.
I think most TGP owners do the same as I do. Wait for the new trade to send a sufficient volume of traffic to be able to tell whether the traffic is at least minimally productive before activating. That minimum varies by site, depending on the overall production percentage for that site.

I get a bunch of sign-ups that either only send a trickle of traffic or the prod% sucks. I don't activate those trades.

Quote:
Any TRUSTWORTHY webmasters want some hard trades with Glamour Images (20k a day) and or Ultimate Fetishes (5k and growing) please get in touch!!
We're already trading, with good prod% I might add.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:35 PM

Hi Toby

Thanks for your comments. Constructive as ever . Can you explain to an idiot like me what "productivity" means? I see it on the stats for certain TGPs but have never fathomed what it means.

Same here with the trade between our sites. They work for me too so thanks for that!

Cheers
Old 09-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Hey Geoff, after you register you should follow through with sending them an icq message too, just to make sure, that's what I always do when registering for new traffic trades
Old 09-13-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
Hey Geoff, after you register you should follow through with sending them an icq message too, just to make sure, that's what I always do when registering for new traffic trades
Guess I'm just a lazy arse and have too much trust in folks
Old 09-13-2010, 02:53 PM

productivity = clicks out / clicks in

for example: in the last 24 hours glamourimages.com has sent 138 clicks to dressingforsex.com, and those visitors have clicked 264 links or thumbs.

264/138 = 191% productivity
Old 09-13-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
Agreed, but best to wait until you've sent some traffic.

I get hit on ICQ frequently by guys that just signed up for a trade, haven't sent a click of traffic, but are asking "please activate". Invariably it's a garbage site with shit traffic.

I'd guess that I end up approving about 1 in 3 trade sign-ups. Which is why many just have the sign-up form closed and require you to contact them for a trade.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Agreed, but best to wait until you've sent some traffic.

I get hit on ICQ frequently by guys that just signed up for a trade, haven't sent a click of traffic, but are asking "please activate". Invariably it's a garbage site with shit traffic.

I'd guess that I end up approving about 1 in 3 trade sign-ups. Which is why many just have the sign-up form closed and require you to contact them for a trade.
Sounds reasonable! And what does "productivity" mean?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Sounds reasonable! And what does "productivity" mean?
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
productivity = clicks out / clicks in

for example: in the last 24 hours glamourimages.com has sent 138 clicks to dressingforsex.com, and those visitors have clicked 264 links or thumbs.

264/138 = 191% productivity
Old 09-13-2010, 08:10 PM

Thanks Toby. Much appreciated!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Administrator

I also agree with Toby, send clicks 1st then hitup the webmaster asking for trade, if they see clicks coming in there is MUCH better chance they'll listen to you and accept trade

BUT

times they/we don't like to listen or trade is, when you open brand new site, have 0 se clicks, send us 0 traffic, and want us to manually add your trade to trade with our 10 year old site, with 3000 se clicks that will send you productive traffic back instantly (this is a HUGE normal for lazy webmasters nowdays), it's a way for them to get good traffic for doing no work, and sending small amounts of shitty productive traffic back